Bbc2 - Four Hours at the Capitol

I'm watching it now. Madness that there was only a handful of police maning that first barrier at the bottom of the steps. Imagine if it had been a BLM protest. There would have been loads more police and they wouldn't have been shy about getting stuck in.

Also surely those appearing on this admitting their part in things should face charges.
It was the defending of the tunnel and when the copper got snatched that was dramatic tv IMO , didn’t know about those bits beforehand

I’m so glad they shot and killed that woman

Wish they’d killed the other tens of thousands anarl - what’s the point of the 2nd amendment if you can’t shoot thickies?

Thats rough. Whether she was a thickie or not.

Next, you ought to watch the US made documentary on the Bengal famine of 1943. Spoiler alert: an estimated 2-3 million people die. And here I thought it was a drought all this time. Since we’re watching each other’s lowlights.

Americans never cease to amaze me by how utterly thick they are.

Most are God botherers for a start, then have this delusional patriotism for this country that in all honesty is manky, corrupt and smacked up in general once you scratch the surface.

They're also the most easily led people on planet earth. Absolute suckers.

Yeah there are some class yanks, but as a general observation of them they're off their tits.

I watched it over the weekend. Eye opening to see what really happened. I had no idea that it was so bad. It makes dreadful viewing. The Yanks in their little red caps come across as being utterly moronic. Trump was impeached (again) and then acquitted by The Senate after The Republicans bottled it.

The police and Capitol guards showed huge constraint in a country where so many times it is shoot first and think later. It could have ended up an absolute massacre.

And that twat dressed up with the horns on his head....

Yeah, I was being a bit sarcastic. I’m also well aware that this is an English message board.

Things are always a bit more grim when you have to see if from the inside. It’s not merely a documentary over here. It’s an ugly spiral. So much more I could add to that. As far as national pride or patriotism….I suspect we all have a bit of that in us. At the very least, no one likes seeing their homeland in turmoil.

Watched it, incredible and disgraceful that they were allowed in to the White House. I don't know if only Trump himself could have ordered more police reinforcements or even national guard, but I doubt that's the case. Have to wonder if it suited certain police chiefs and officers to have it happen.
They didn't get into the White House, they got into the Capitol Building.

I also didn't quite appreciate just how bad it was, I didn't realise the scale of the numbers.

Mind blowing that it took them hours to get any proper police or military support. I thought they loved a bit of police brutality over there?

I watched it over the weekend. Eye opening to see what really happened. I had no idea that it was so bad. It makes dreadful viewing. The Yanks in their little red caps come across as being utterly moronic. Trump was impeached (again) and then acquitted by The Senate after The Republicans bottled it.

The police and Capitol guards showed huge constraint in a country where so many times it is shoot first and think later. It could have ended up an absolute massacre.

And that twat dressed up with the horns on his head....

he's pleaded guilty and faces sentencing on Nov 17th. 'should' get 4 to 5 years according to guidelines but he's made the right noises lately (pleaded guilty, moved away from qanon etc) so might get less.

They didn't get into the White House, they got into the Capitol Building.

I also didn't quite appreciate just how bad it was, I didn't realise the scale of the numbers.

Mind blowing that it took them hours to get any proper police or military support. I thought they loved a bit of police brutality over there?
The general colour of the rioters might well have had an influence on that. ;)

I did think throughout that if it was a mob of black people then they'd have shot someone as soon as they attacked the first barrier to get in...
I try not to be so cynical but I don't think there's any doubt in that. Plus you'd probably have the same rioters helping to defend the Capitol themselves.

I try not to be so cynical but I don't think there's any doubt in that. Plus you'd probably have the same rioters helping to defend the Capitol themselves.
Not cynical, its just 2+2=4.

Most are God botherers for a start, then have this delusional patriotism for this country that in all honesty is manky, corrupt and smacked up in general once you scratch the surface.

Yeah there are some class yanks, but as a general observation of them they're off their tits.
Obviously there's no way to ever prove this but I think the sort of folk involved in the genesis of America and its expansion are closer to the sort of folk who invaded the capitol than an apolitical suburban family or whatever

The history of a country barely 3 centuries old is just f***ing bonkers in its degree of violence and oppression and destruction, even just of the environment let alone people
Yeah, I was being a bit sarcastic. I’m also well aware that this is an English message board.

Things are always a bit more grim when you have to see if from the inside. It’s not merely a documentary over here. It’s an ugly spiral. So much more I could add to that. As far as national pride or patriotism….I suspect we all have a bit of that in us. At the very least, no one likes seeing their homeland in turmoil.
This was a prelude of something unfortunately very predictable. The forces behind it are going nowhere.

Last edited:

As I was watching it I was wondering how much it was going to cost that guy to get the hole in his face seen too and yet if they were offered free health care they'd reject it as a commie ideal.

It never ceases to amaze me how far these Trump supporters would follow him, believing in the "stolen vote" even to the extent of trashing the Capitol. Calling themselves "patriots" while doing it ffs.

Back