BBC SPOTY nominees

We got a better draw, hence the other half was tougher because at the time Ireland/France weren't ranked so high. England got that draw on merit of rankings.
your argument that England got a better draw because of their rankings when they were third in the world at the time would imply that South Africa and New Zealand who were 1&2 at the time should've got a better draw, they didnt. England got lucky because of the way the rankings went after the draw was made.

so by your logic New Zealand and South Africa should have had an easy draw too. Why didn’t they?

I never said that :lol:

We got a "better draw" because we were top seeded group.

France and Ireland were in the 2nd pot because they weren't good enough at the time of the draw to be in the top group. I think Argentina were ranked higher than both Ireland and France at the time of the draw.

Last edited:
I never said that :lol:

We got a "better draw" because we were top seeded group.

France and Ireland were in the 2nd pot because they weren't good enough at the time of the draw to be in the top group. I think Argentina were ranked higher than both Ireland and France at the time of the draw.
so England were lucky to get the good draw and south africa and new zealand were unlucky to get the bad draw as they were all in the same pot....

argentina were in the third pot.

so England were lucky to get the good draw and south africa and new zealand were unlucky to get the bad draw as they were all in the same pot....

argentina were in the third pot.

That's the luck of the draw like in any sport. New Zealand an South Africa earned the right just like England to be top seeds. People seem offended we got a good draw which I find a bit bizarre.

The world cup draw was based on rankings as of January 1st 2020.

England were ranked 3rd in the world and rightly put in pot 1. Ireland and France were ranked 5th and 7th.

New Zealand were in a group with only 1 team in the top 10 at the time of the draw - France (Ranked 7th)
England were in a group with 2 other top 10 sides at the time of the draw. - Japan (Ranked 8th) and Argentina (Ranked 10th)
South Africa were in a group with with 2 top 10 sides at the time of the draw - Ireland (Ranked 5th) and Scotland (Ranked 9th)

By rankings Wales got the toughest draw. Australia (Ranked 6th), Fiji (Ranked 11th) and Georgia (ranked 14th)

By rankings New Zealand got the easiest Pool draw.

That's the luck of the draw like in any sport. New Zealand an South Africa earned the right just like England to be top seeds. People seem offended we got a good draw which I find a bit bizarre.

The world cup draw was based on rankings as of January 1st 2020.

England were ranked 3rd in the world and rightly put in pot 1. Ireland and France were ranked 5th and 7th.

New Zealand were in a group with only 1 team in the top 10 at the time of the draw - France (Ranked 7th)
England were in a group with 2 other top 10 sides at the time of the draw. - Japan (Ranked 8th) and Argentina (Ranked 10th)
South Africa were in a group with with 2 top 10 sides at the time of the draw - Ireland (Ranked 5th) and Scotland (Ranked 9th)

By rankings Wales got the toughest draw. Australia (Ranked 6th), Fiji (Ranked 11th) and Georgia (ranked 14th)

By rankings New Zealand got the easiest Pool draw.

The questions that need to be asked are why the draw was made in December 2020 for a tournament happening in September/October 2023 and why the draw was based on the January 1st 2020 ranking.

Back