BBC Radio Sunderland

I remember on Spark there was an American lass reading the news but the producer must have written the script in local lingo and you could tell the lass had no idea what she was reading out meant 😄
Can you get spark fm on alexa? Or is it FM only?

Ask Alexa to play it, asking on here is probably the hardest way to find out 😄

Last edited:
I remember on Spark there was an American lass reading the news but the producer must have written the script in local lingo and you could tell the lass had no idea what she was reading out meant 😄

Ask Alexa to play it, asking on here is probably the hardest way to find out 😄

Good point. :lol:

But this place usually has all the answers

With perfect timing, this has popped up on my FB memories from 5 years ago when I appeared in Spark FM's magazine. :lol:
Logon or register to see this image
Christ man you've got a photo op or press release for every conceivable situation ;) :lol:
Good point. :lol:

But this place usually has all the answers
It's not on DAB, but you can get it through SparkSunderland.com

Mind you, that doesn't answer your question either :)

Last edited:
I was hoping they might extend their coverage given the pandemic isn't over yet.
They are. It's only on pause to resolve licensing, studio and transmitter issues then it's being relaunched as a permanent fixture for the beeb.

Personally, I enjoyed it and listened every morning. Some good interviews on subjects that wouldn't get much coverage on radio newcastle. I hope it returns soon.

They are. It's only on pause to resolve licensing, studio and transmitter issues then it's being relaunched as a permanent fixture for the beeb.

Personally, I enjoyed it and listened every morning. Some good interviews on subjects that wouldn't get much coverage on radio newcastle. I hope it returns soon.
I agree
It had some good stories and gilly hope kept the show on a good pace
Disappointed no stories about Harrogate though

Back