BBC Radio Sunderland

I'm not sure if they do probably not sadly.
Neither do Sun FM as far as I know in the city only Spark FM promote local music.
It was a key factor that got Spark an FM licence from OFCOM to broadcast in the first place. They committed to, and continue to, play at least one local music track every hour.

Spark has come on leaps and bounds from when it started. I was a presenter from day one (well day three really as it was a Wednesday show) for a few years. Considering it is entirely voluntary and unpaid the quality of broadcasting is very good and some of the shows give the BBC a run for its money. They are leaps and bounds ahead of commercial radio.

I love Spark me. Might go back and start presenting again. Do an SMB weekly roundup show.

It was a key factor that got Spark an FM licence from OFCOM to broadcast in the first place. They committed to, and continue to, play at least one local music track every hour.

Spark has come on leaps and bounds from when it started. I was a presenter from day one (well day three really as it was a Wednesday show) for a few years. Considering it is entirely voluntary and unpaid the quality of broadcasting is very good and some of the shows give the BBC a run for its money. They are leaps and bounds ahead of commercial radio.

I love Spark me. Might go back and start presenting again. Do an SMB weekly roundup show.

Fair play to you and you are right Spark FM is quality radio.

Fair play to you and you are right Spark FM is quality radio.
I used to present the sports show with another lad. For all we were brand new to radio and it was a brand new station we done well to get some of the guests we did. Tony Jeffries used to come in the studio often. Roger Tames was on giving his opinion on sunderland and Newcastle every week. I even got an interview with Michael Johnson, probs the most successful athlete ever.

We also nearly got the station in major trouble because me and my co presenter went to a sunderland cup game with two flash mics (microphones that record audio within them) and we done like a highlights commentary reel of the game. We didn't even consider that it broke all the media licensing rules. We broadcast it as part of the show and someone must have clicked on and reported it to the station manager. Got a telling off for that :lol:

I have spark stored in my presets in the car, can play some quality tracks like.
Got to be honest I struggle with some of the presenters but I realise it’s all voluntary so if it’s really bothering me just flick stations for a bit. No worse than Grimmy like or Steve Wright talking over half a song all the time 🙄

Will you take requests ? :)

I really like Spark FM. Was good to see the show at night had Ian Lee ringing in just because he enjoyed it

Probably since they started inviting me on for interviews. ;)
You know how publicity shy I am, but I've been on a fair few times.

I've heard you've asked Frank Styles to paint a mural of you on the side of your house with QR code links for your books!

(Both of which I own tbf)
Both? There's four of them. :lol:

Funnily enough I spoke to Frank a few years back about a project where there would be bits of his artwork around the city with QR codes or something similar which would link to bits of writing (not necessarily mine) inspired by the art or the place. I never followed it up as I got involved in other stuff but it's a canny idea.

Last edited:
Fucks sake :lol:
I've just realised one I haven't got is literally your avatar :lol:
Where's the best place to buy them so you get the fairest deal?
Amazon is always best for me.
I discovered somewhere knocking out snide copies yesterday but I imagine they come with a nasty virus. Reminded me of this place with someone posting then clearly replying to themselves under a different account.:lol:
Logon or register to see this image

Back