BBC Radio Sunderland

Only a name H.M.
Not worth getting upset about IMHO.

It’s not though, they get a guest on to discuss something topical that’s going on in the news , by phone or internet from around UK who only know they are speaking to BBC Newcastle. So the answers the guests give and any ensuing conversation is centred about Newcastle. It’s up to the presenters in the studio to remind them that they are broadcasting to a much wider area but they rarely if ever do.

loads of guests will say things like “oh I know you lot are all Newcastle fans” , or only reference the theatre royal when discussing theatre. etc etc. It’s just subtle but sometimes the conversation does needs broadening. IMHO of course.

It’s not though, they get a guest on to discuss something topical that’s going on in the news , by phone or internet from around UK who only know they are speaking to BBC Newcastle. So the answers the guests give and any ensuing conversation is centred about Newcastle. It’s up to the presenters in the studio to remind them that they are broadcasting to a much wider area but they rarely if ever do.

loads of guests will say things like “oh I know you lot are all Newcastle fans” , or only reference the theatre royal when discussing theatre. etc etc. It’s just subtle but sometimes the conversation does needs broadening. IMHO of course.
Fair comment, but I personally wouldn't let that bother me.

Absolutely this, going back to Tyne and Wear.

Durham University published a study showing that the North East was split into two going back as far as 700 years ago.

When they were combined, local identity shifted to Newcastle and with it funding, business and infrastructure.

Back