BBC Newcastle tonight 5.30 full interview with Martin Bain

Absolutely this, never felt like ringing a radio station but really did tonight.

Questioning was absolutely pathetic, Bain mentioning how recruitment is so important and went onto say how he had to sell Mannone for 2M to allow Grayson to buy players, that was just accepted by Barnes.

Barnes should have then said so if recruitment is so vital why did we do the following :-

Put the money we did have back on a keeper who was worse than Mannone and who had been relegated to League One, then offer him a four year deal.

Spend a quarter of the entire budget on a striker whos never done anything of note at a level any higher than League One.

Why did we allow a loanee in Grabban to sign with a clause allowing him to return to his parent club to sell on / loan to someone else in January

Questioned Bain as to how much have we now actually ‘saved’ on Mannone considering we have now had to pay wages for three goalkeepers, all who arent good enough?

Asked why have we signed several loan players, of which none had clauses to sign permanently if they somehow did succeed from the start of the season. This ensures it would be another complete rebuilding process the following year regardless.

Why have we not yet tied down new contracts for those players who have came through the academy? ie Maja, Asoro, Honeyman, Gooch ensuring they dont just fuck off for free i.e Colback

Bain talks out his arse and hes never questioned, cant stand the smarmy, gobshite, lying prick.
Zero questioning at any level in these 'interviews'.

Absolutely this, never felt like ringing a radio station but really did tonight.

Questioning was absolutely pathetic, Bain mentioning how recruitment is so important and went onto say how he had to sell Mannone for 2M to allow Grayson to buy players, that was just accepted by Barnes.

Barnes should have then said so if recruitment is so vital why did we do the following :-

Put the money we did have back on a keeper who was worse than Mannone and who had been relegated to League One, then offer him a four year deal.

Spend a quarter of the entire budget on a striker whos never done anything of note at a level any higher than League One.

Why did we allow a loanee in Grabban to sign with a clause allowing him to return to his parent club to sell on / loan to someone else in January

Questioned Bain as to how much have we now actually ‘saved’ on Mannone considering we have now had to pay wages for three goalkeepers, all who arent good enough?

Asked why have we signed several loan players, of which none had clauses to sign permanently if they somehow did succeed from the start of the season. This ensures it would be another complete rebuilding process the following year regardless.

Why have we not yet tied down new contracts for those players who have came through the academy? ie Maja, Asoro, Honeyman, Gooch ensuring they dont just fuck off for free i.e Colback

Bain talks out his arse and hes never questioned, cant stand the smarmy, gobshite, lying prick.
I tend to have a sixth sense about such things & I'm getting the vague impression that Mr Bain may be off your candlelit suppers roster

What do you want him to say? If he’s no money, then he’s no money to spend. And hardly assets to sell either, thanks to successive managers.

Hardly any assets? Really....

Khazri - £10m out on loan
Lens - £10m out on loan (bought now for peanuts)
Borini - £8m out on loan
N'Dong £14m out on loan

All assets he could have sold, but nope.

Then the £30m from Pickford.

He's took the piss out of us, him and Short.

Marty Bain;

He said: “We haven’t been standing still in recent weeks and months when it comes to recruitment, even if we don’t really know what we’re dealing with.

“We’ve been speaking about players in League One with a view to joining us whichever league we find ourselves in.

“You wouldn’t believe some of the values being attached even at that level.

“Whether that is because we’re Sunderland, I don’t know. It may change over time with where we’re at now.

“And in the past fortnight, I’ve probably spoken to five or six agents about players who are coming out of contract and fit the bill for us.

“At the same time, we’ve identified players who we would like to bring in, who are affordable and could develop money for the club going forward.

“At the moment, they’re just out of their reach, and that makes it difficult.

Logon or register to see this image

“We haven’t stood still, we have identified players in numerous positions.

“The big thing for us to get to grips with is getting the right type of players who fit the culture, and we haven’t done that in the past.”

Hardly any assets? Really....

Khazri - £10m out on loan
Lens - £10m out on loan (bought now for peanuts)
Borini - £8m out on loan
N'Dong £14m out on loan

All assets he could have sold, but nope.

Really ? I don't recall any offers other than loans or loans to buy being made for those players - to sell we need a buyer, we didn't have any unless you know better of course. We know for a fact that every player could be sold if we received an acceptable offer, Bain said that as did the dullard yorkshireman we had in charge at the beginning of the season.

Back