BBC Newcastle tonight 5.30 full interview with Martin Bain

This whole thing has been set up to give him a platform to protect his own reputation for the future should new owners come in. And the worst thing is he's been totally allowed to do it.
What do you want him to say? If he’s no money, then he’s no money to spend. And hardly assets to sell either, thanks to successive managers.

Without selling Mannone for £2m, Grayson would have had no money to spend at all last summer.

Browning and Galloway were extremely poor
Weren't needed either. Thomas Robson and Beadling should have got their chance ahead of somebody else's kids.
Good job we got that £2m
And where's the other £750,000?

I listened to the interview and thought he did use it to try and absolve himself of much of the blame, but I am sympathetic to an extent. I don’t really see how on one hand Coleman is given the benefit of the our plight yet Bain isn’t. Both victims of the owners mess.

Nick Barnes is terrible mind.

Instead of pressing Bain on certain points, he just kept back tracking to dish out sympathy.

Somehow Bain was allowed to portray himself as the main victim in all this.

The North east media doing us proud again.

There’d be uproar if this was happening to the mags. Sunderland Echo in line for their exclusive soon.

North Korea FC lives on.

I absolutely detest Short and Bain, hope to god that the first thing the perspective new owners do is sack Bain.

Nick Barnes is terrible mind.

Instead of pressing Bain on certain points, he just kept back tracking to dish out sympathy.

Somehow Bain was allowed to portray himself as the main victim in all this.
Absolutely this, never felt like ringing a radio station but really did tonight.

Questioning was absolutely pathetic, Bain mentioning how recruitment is so important and went onto say how he had to sell Mannone for 2M to allow Grayson to buy players, that was just accepted by Barnes.

Barnes should have then said so if recruitment is so vital why did we do the following :-

Put the money we did have back on a keeper who was worse than Mannone and who had been relegated to League One, then offer him a four year deal.

Spend a quarter of the entire budget on a striker whos never done anything of note at a level any higher than League One.

Why did we allow a loanee in Grabban to sign with a clause allowing him to return to his parent club to sell on / loan to someone else in January

Questioned Bain as to how much have we now actually ‘saved’ on Mannone considering we have now had to pay wages for three goalkeepers, all who arent good enough?

Asked why have we signed several loan players, of which none had clauses to sign permanently if they somehow did succeed from the start of the season. This ensures it would be another complete rebuilding process the following year regardless.

Why have we not yet tied down new contracts for those players who have came through the academy? ie Maja, Asoro, Honeyman, Gooch ensuring they dont just fuck off for free i.e Colback

Bain talks out his arse and hes never questioned, cant stand the smarmy, gobshite, lying prick.

Back