BBC license fee

Upthere

Winger
Interesting discussion today. Should they follow the Amazon/Netflix option with the streaming service ?

BBC’s revenue is about £5 billion whilst Netflix is over double that.

Could possible help the quality of the BBC as well.

What discussion?
Follow in what way?

The BBC’s model is outdated as such. Streaming online is the way forward, Sky have evolved in the last few month; it needs to maximise revenue and a possible premium service could help.

Also with the football I think it could increase revenues and make it more accessible for people.

I've always said it is one of the best value for money things i pay for and when you pay by monthly dd it is comparible on price to netflix. I am a netflix subscriber but would say i watch live bbc tv and iplayer more. Also use it as my primary source of online news.
Likewise. Plus it’s the majority of the radio I listen too.

Netflix, I find it pretty crap if I’m honest. Great for back to back Paw Patrol or Peppa Pig but not really into watching series’ too much, I find them all hype.

I love it how BBC fans think that because they like it, the fee should remain.

Well yes, I’d like the rest of the country to contribute to paying for my interests as well. It isn’t going to happen, though.
It might be great value to its fans, but it’s terrible value if you watch it for one or two programmes a week, or not at all.

I love it how BBC fans think that because they like it, the fee should remain.

Well yes, I’d like the rest of the country to contribute to paying for my interests as well. It isn’t going to happen, though.
It might be great value to its fans, but it’s terrible value if you watch it for one or two programmes a week, or not at all.

Exactly, give us a choice you thieving bastards.

Not for 9 years.

Haven't paid for a license yet.

Same as my mate, never had a license since he’s lived alone. The TVL wannabe cops bothered him for a while then gave up.
Contrary to popular belief, you do not need a license to own or use a TV. Also, the TVL people have no right whatsoever to enter your home. You can simply tell them to leave your property, close the door and go back to watching the telly. YouTube, of course...

It amazed me that line of duty a BBC original was not available via iPlayer because it had expired yet it is on Netflix.

Back