BBC female presenters demanding action on pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if all the media broadcasters had to be this transparent they would be among the better employers for gender and race equality, but it does seem like in the jobs where it's less measurable and more "gut feel" like the talent on screen, there's a bias towards white males. Probably not huge and probably better than in the past.

In terms of middle class bias they're probably among the worst, and I agree it is a disgrace. It's also a symptom of the widespread structural discrimination against the working class which is imho on a par with racism.
I knew we agreed on stuff:lol:

As for the talent, they will have a commercial worth. The BBC should be paying that and only that, if women get paid less in the market place, it's not for them to subsidise the women with our money. IMHO

I knew we agreed on stuff:lol:

As for the talent, they will have a commercial worth. The BBC should be paying that and only that, if women get paid less in the market place, it's not for them to subsidise the women with our money. IMHO

That like is not for the women being subsidised patter btw. Shows with a big female audience and a lot of female presenters are most of the biggest programmes on TV at the moment. If women are being underpaid on most of those programmes we shouldn't criticise the BBC if it tries to reverse the trend

Bias? Gender equality? Nah. Market forces for me. Getting this thread back on track, that Mishal Husain is a wad. And Sophie Raworth anarl

Those saying that it's disgraceful how much they are being paid; that's the market forces, if ITV were forced to reveal there's we'd all have to shoot ourselves to cope with how much they'll be paying Piers Morgan or Ant & Dec. Similarly with Channel 4 for the Bake-Off, or Sky for Neville/Carragher.

If Chris Evans was available to a commercial radio station, they'd pay him a fortune to appear. Ditto Lineker, or Norton etc..... It's a fair price in the current marketplace.

Mind, there is a gender pay gap; I don't think it's an intentional thing and it's probably improved over the years, but still. Claire Balding being so low on the list is shocking, she's an excellent sports presenter and does plenty for the Beeb. She gets less than John Inverdale ffs man, which is absolutely obscene.

Takes talent to be on the telly or radio.

If you get to that level you deserve to be well paid.

I should know :cool:

Oh, chuck Mel and Sue into this you'd soon see that there is little pay gap - just so happens they're paid through a private company.

Can't comment on the exec level stuff as I don't know much about that.

Takes talent to be on the telly or radio.

If you get to that level you deserve to be well paid.

I should know :cool:

Oh, chuck Mel and Sue into this you'd soon see that there is little pay gap - just so happens they're paid through a private company.

Can't comment on the exec level stuff as I don't know much about that.

How do you explain Les Dennis having a tv career?

It's my understanding that gender is a social construct and you can switch at any time you feel like. If I was male and working at the BBC I'd sharpish identify as female and tell HR to suck my plums on Monday and suck my tits on tuesday.

Two presenters on the same show should be paid the same tbf

Comparing lineker and balding is daft though. She would never present a show that pulls in the ratings lineker does do to the nature of the sports shows they present
The real question is... are they all tuning in for Gary "crisp shagger" lineker? A cartoon dog could present that show.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-letter-tony-hall-clare-balding-a7855296.html

What do you think they want here? Pay rises for themselves or pay cuts for some men?

Would Balding be able to command as high a salary as Linekar at another tv station?
I dunno wtf Lineker is paid that much for tbh. People watch MOTD for the highlights not his witticisms. Shearer doesn't even contribute that much either.
On the newsreader front that miserable Welsh twat shouldn't even be in a job nivver mind paid double what Fiona Bruce gets. Poor lass must be on edge all the time in case her brother pops into see her and after eating the canteen interrupts the news by eating her desk.

Welcome to the Sunderland Taliban thread.
Next a thread on why girls / women shouldn't be educated followed by the benefits of female circumcision.
Guest post by ched evans
You're over egging the pudding marra.

I think if all the media broadcasters had to be this transparent they would be among the better employers for gender and race equality, but it does seem like in the jobs where it's less measurable and more "gut feel" like the talent on screen, there's a bias towards white males. Probably not huge and probably better than in the past.

In terms of middle class bias they're probably among the worst, and I agree it is a disgrace. It's also a symptom of the widespread structural discrimination against the working class which is imho on a par with racism.
I'd pay double the licence fee just to watch @shepherd88 read the news once a year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back