BBC ditches shows for old people

To be honest I think the old people in this country have had it far too good for far too long. They bought up all the property cheap and refuse any measures to alleviate the housing crisis, repeatedly voted for governments that they thought would protect their assets while making life harder for the young, and selfishly inflicted Brexit on the young, knowing full well they will be dead soon yet the young lose their rights to work and live across Europe.

As far as I’m concerned if the the BBC have decided the entitled elderly don’t have yet another crappy bargain hunt / cooking show to watch then boo f***ing hoo.

History will not look back favourably on the boomer generation.
Make up generalisations about any other demographic and it would be an instant ban.
Did you not see any of the anti Brexit marches? It was rammed with old people.

Where you getting these facts from then? Most of the older generations up here, have voted Labour all their lives and wouldn’t go near ticking the Tory box on Election Day.
If you look at nationwide demographics the old disproportionately voted for Brexit & vote for the Tories. The old disproportionately hold racist, homophobic and otherwise bigoted views. That’s a fact.

If you look at nationwide demographics the old disproportionately voted for Brexit & vote for the Tories. The old disproportionately hold racist, homophobic and otherwise bigoted views. That’s a fact.
Who’ll eventually benefit from their homes and all this supposed wealth when they die? That’ll be their kids and grandkids.

Your tone is not far away from comparing them to cockroaches and rats and where’ve we seen that before?

I watch loads of BBC stuff via iplayer. Mostly documentaries but alot of dramas as well. The detectives show I watched last night was really good TV.

Where you getting these facts from then? Most of the older generations up here, have voted Labour all their lives and wouldn’t go near ticking the Tory box on Election Day.
You can’t blame them for buying property when it was cheap.
It never was cheap mate . Just like now we saved a deposit out of our criminally low wages (no minimum wage then) and crawled onto the bottom of the property ladder . We all know that you can get a canny starter home up here for less than 100k . Thats less than 5k deposit, or an idiots mobile bill for 2 years .

It never was cheap mate . Just like now we saved a deposit out of our criminally low wages (no minimum wage then) and crawled onto the bottom of the property ladder . We all know that you can get a canny starter home up here for less than 100k . Thats less than 5k deposit, or an idiots mobile bill for 2 years .
Of course it was comparatively cheap. You are entitled to your opinion of course but national statistics show you are wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: You have all the modern buzzwords.

I see nobody has bothered to actually read the words the BBC used in the article instead of the sensationalist headline.
They alway have catered for a wide and diverse audience and continue to do so, including the elderly who, surprisingly enough, don't all have the same tastes.
Right on pal

Who’ll eventually benefit from their homes and all this supposed wealth when they die? That’ll be their kids and grandkids.

Your tone is not far away from comparing them to cockroaches and rats and where’ve we seen that before?

That's not much use to grandkids who are in their early 20's now and can't afford to get on the property ladder due to the average house price in the area they live being £380k.

"Can you hurry up and die nan so I can have some of your wealth to buy an house" wouldn't go down well at the Christmas get together I don't think.

that pap they put on after late look north, sort of bbc3 stuff musn't be subject to quality control. bloody rubbish. dont get me started on that through the keyhole thing during the week, i'm sure this wouldnt have been made pre-pandemic.

Back