BBC ditches shows for old people

I believe you are speaking of the asteroid that crashed into the earth, exploding on impact, and creating a nuclear winter, which killed everything on the surface of the earth, only leaving alive things that at this point were under the sea, so natural cover, however i believe the internet has already done its explode bit, as we have Netflix and Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc all that will happen, is just continuing what already is, most of the channels have online services already, in 5 to 10 years time, what will be the point of broadcast television if you can get all the content online already ?
Whatever finished off the dinosaurs didn’t kill everything on the Earth’s surface, otherwise we wouldn’t be here now.

Last edited:
Don't get me started on Yentob's lift. Grrrrrr.....

Imagine paying over 18% interest on a 30-year fixed mortgage. It’s almost unthinkable. But that was the reality for home buyers in October 1981 – a year when the average rate was almost 17%.

Unlike today, in the early 1980s, the Federal Reserve was waging a war with inflation. In an effort to tame double-digit inflation, the central bank drove interest rates higher. As a result, mortgage rates topped out at 18.45%.
That’s when I bought my first house. 18%

Doesn’t it make shit loads from selling Top Gear and the Attenborough programs across the world?
Reminds me of an anti BBC rant on here years ago and a poster claimed he'd never watched it. When someone pointed out that he was very vocal on the Top Gear thread and was a big fan of Clarkson and his gang, his response was 'I only watch it on Dave'. :lol:

The BBCs flagship Saturday night program is a ballroom dancing show that was presented by an octogenarian until he dropped. It’s followed by a hospital drama and then the news. The following morning is more news, politics, church stuff, antiques, countryside and more ballroom dancing during the evening.

Daytime weekday TV is news, property development, antiques, a soap opera and quizzes.

Is that the BBC abandoning old folk?
Strictly appeals to all ages and I don't think the age of the presenter reflects the age of the viewers or those who like to discuss the show. You should read the annual strictly thread on here. There's not an octogenarian in sight. All young and in their prime.:eek:

Do you think that's why they have started with that britbox idea ?

That's in conjunction with ITV

If I remember rightly, Freeview and Freesat is also in conjunction with them too. It was only ITV digital they had now to do with and it bombed
Strictly appeals to all ages and I don't think the age of the presenter reflects the age of the viewers or those who like to discuss the show. You should read the annual strictly thread on here. There's not an octogenarian in sight. All young and in their prime.:eek:

TITTS ASSEMBLE!

Back