BBC all week promoting the town of

The wife works down there now (no) She says the quality of local applicants applying for jobs they’ve advertised is dire. The majority of staff they’ve taken on are from outside the town: Darlington, Northallerton, Durham etc.

Middlesbrough is on the up with lot's of positives happening in and around the town including;

Radio1 Big Weekend in Middlesbrough (Stewart Park) - sold out (68,000 tickets) within an hour.

First major pop concert at The Riverside Stadium the week after (sold out).

New Middlesbrough Major just appointed (stood as independent) and will make a refreshing change. He 's a businessman and philanthropist and will be good for the town.

Teesside University is thriving in the town.

£20 million investment to grow the towns burgeoning digital sector.

Other major investments ongoing and planned.

Tony Pulis has left.

Not forgetting some facts that have always been present;

Generally warm and friendly people (similar to Sunderland).

20 minutes drive from the town centre to a stunning coastline, the Cleveland Hills, North York Moors etc.

Anyway not surprisingly most posters on here slag the town off. No problem, we are use to that especially from those who have never spent any time in the area and are misguided / ignorant of the facts.

I've worked in and around Sunderland for over a decade and could easily come on here and criticise the city in detail having seen the good, the bad and the ugly ... but that would be disrespectful, wrong and unfair.

I always find if you finish a statement off with "someone from Boro" it instantly sounds dodgy. Eg. "Who's fixing your car"? "Someone from Boro". It has wrongfulness written all over it

To be fair, even though its Boro, I welcome anything that shows the North East in a decent light. The way this region is viewed by people who have never been here is often very wide of the mark. Middlesbrough wouldnt have been the bit I'd have focussed on, but it would have been very easy for the BBC to have focussed on somewhere in the North West or down South.

Don't see a problem with it myself. If it's promoting the North East in a good light, it can only be a good thing.
I assume they did the same for us when we hosted the Big Weekend about 15 years ago.
Don't get the hatred towards Steph McGovern either. Down to earth and proud of where she's from without resorting to the type of cliches Geordies in the media do.
We complain about London bias and metropolitan elites etc in the BBC and as soon as they do something to promote somewhere other than London, people twist on.
If they had focussed on Newcastle and promoted it as the region's capital then that might have been different.

Don't see a problem with it myself. If it's promoting the North East in a good light, it can only be a good thing.
I assume they did the same for us when we hosted the Big Weekend about 15 years ago.
Don't get the hatred towards Steph McGovern either. Down to earth and proud of where she's from without resorting to the type of cliches Geordies in the media do.
We complain about London bias and metropolitan elites etc in the BBC and as soon as they do something to promote somewhere other than London, people twist on.
If they had focussed on Newcastle and promoted it as the region's capital then that might have been different.

Mods ban this clown, he's talking sense, that's a big no no on the SMB!

Back