Battlefield 2042

Enjoyed what I've played of the trial, was gunna buy it this Friday but with Halo Infinite being released early I'm gunna wait a few weeks to buy it.

Didn't enjoy the beta tbh, felt clunky, the guns lacked punch and the beta map, even though huge and full of players - felt dull and a bit lifeless. All in all though I just don't think I particularly like futuristic Battlefield games. Will stick to BF1 for yet another year. Not complaining like, I still love it.

Last edited:
I absolutely hated 2042 the first few times I played it, it's buggy as hell and a downgrade from BFV in a lot of ways, but I really enjoyed the BC2/BF3 modes in Portal so carried on playing them. As I was playing the Portal modes it was unlocking guns in 2042 so I'd keep switching to 2042 just to try them out. As I was doing that it slowly grew on me and now I'm really liking it, even if it is an absolute mess.

It’s buggy but I’m enjoying the absolute chaos of it. Battlefront 2 turned into one of the best games of last generation for me with the long term support the game had. Dice will sort it out

Last edited:
Think IGN gave this a 7/10 and atm I think that's about right. Had some really fun and cool moments but there's a few gripes. Not a vast variety of weapons and lack of character customisation. If you don't spawn into a vehicle in conquest you literally have to run around for about 2mins to get to the nearest base, and with the maps being so massive and open you're at the mercy of being picked off. Hazard Zone is something a bit different but still wasn't sure what was going, had a game where we extracted but then no idea if we actually won or not it just kinda ended. Think this is a game where 3-6 months down the line it'll probably be a lot better, got a couple hours left on my trial but think I might just wait and see if this goes on sale at some point.

Big patch is coming tomorrow to sort some of the gunplay issues and bugs. They seem to be communicating and completing back end fixes a lot better than they did with BFV.

Aye there’s a post on Reddit which lists everything that was either removed or downgraded compared to previous games which is a canny read:

That's dreadful :lol: Wasn't going to buy it anyway due to my experience with the beta but that kind of hammers the final nail. Wonder if they'll abandon it halfway through it's cycle like they did with Battlefield V.

Some really high profile shitty buggy games lacking content coming out recently. Probably due to Covid, lockdowns etc. Or maybe the next gen consoles are more difficult to program for.

Last edited:

Back