Basic knowledge

If BOTH phone batteries die, AND my car sat nav, then I’ll ask someone for directions. The likelihood is small.

(Btw, I can read a map, like)

:D
As would be your prerogative just watch out for speaking to strangers on the moors at night:D.

Seriously though it doesn't take 5 minutes to basically show someone how to use a map and it can come in handy. I'm probably biased because I use maps all the time at work, did geography as my first degree and was in a army march and shoot team that relied on maps for getting about. Like a candle you never need one until you dont have one ;).

If BOTH phone batteries die, AND my car sat nav, then I’ll ask someone for directions. The likelihood is small.

(Btw, I can read a map, like)

:D

I think I would get to most places without a map or sat nav.

I have a decent map in my head of Britain and a tongue in my mouth when getting close to the destination.

However, this has been learned over the years because I have studied maps etc as a child and when navigating myself around.

I'm sure there is no need to have an idea where Newbury or Kings Lynn or Stirling is in relation to Sunderland but I reckon I could get to all of them without consulting a map.

As would be your prerogative just watch out for speaking to strangers on the moors at night:D.

Seriously though it doesn't take 5 minutes to basically show someone how to use a map and it can come in handy. I'm probably biased because I use maps all the time at work, did geography as my first degree and was in a army march and shoot team that relied on maps for getting about. Like a candle you never need one until you dont have one ;).

I don't know the order of planets from the sun. Never learned because it never interested me but I don't understand how people haven't got a rudimentary understanding of where places are in UK and to a certain extent Europe.

Last edited:
I think I would get to most places without a map or sat nav.

I have a decent map in my head of Britain and a tongue in my mouth when getting close to the destination.

However, this has been learned over the years because I have studied maps etc as a child and when navigating myself around.

I'm sure there is no need to have an idea where Newbury or Kings Lynn or Stirling is in relation to Sunderland but I reckon I could get to all of them without consulting a map.

I don't know the order of planets from the sun. Never learned because it never interested me but I don't understand how people haven't got a rudimentary understanding of where places are in UK and to a certain extent Europe.
Tbf my lass doesn't know which way A19 north or south is coming out of Doxy international and that's the truth. I find it pathetic :lol:

Because in most places their tap water gives you the shits.

The point was more that she thought you couldn’t drink it Skegness to be honest mate, and that she thought that Skegness and Spain were the same distance away.

I suspect you are well aware of this though, and are just trying to clever, whilst coming across like a tedious pedantic bell end.
But all water in the EU conforms to a standard. So the water in Spain is of the same quality as the UK. Basic knowledge.

Drinking water in the EU: better quality and access | News | European Parliament

Never had the shits once in holiday.

I understand the thread has moved on since Saturday but I’d love to see you implode again.

Big hard roided up internet hard man. Invited someone to his seat to "say it to his face"

Not roided up but thanks for the compliment. Also not the one calling people names from behind the safety of their laptop

It's a strange pic like to put on here ,someone else who's just signed up has a similiar one .
Whitburnmakem I think he's called .
Odd.

Did most of my posting on the diet and exercise forum away from the trolls and WUMs mate

Back