Baseball Playoffs

For the most successful team in MLB history, it's been a fairly barren 21st century for the Yankees. One World Series win since 2000 and none this decade. Even the Cubs have won it since then!

The World Series games start tonight (US) / tomorrow (UK), times below:

World Series schedule: Houston Astros v Washington Nationals
Game 1: Houston, Tuesday 22 October (01:00 BST, Wed 23 Oct)
Game 2: Houston, Wednesday 23 October (01:00 BST, Thu 24 Oct)
Game 3: Washington, Friday 25 October (01:00 BST, Sat 26 Oct)
Game 4: Washington, Saturday 26 October (01:00 BST, Sun 27 Oct)
Game 5*: Washington, Sunday 27 October (00:00 GMT, Mon 28 Oct)
Game 6*: Houston, Tuesday 29 October (00:00 GMT, Wed 30 Oct)
Game 7*: Houston, Wednesday 29 October (00:00 GMT, Thu 1 Nov)

Hopefully Houston will be 2-0 by the time we get to Washington.!

I just watched the highlights. Seemed like a good game with everything still in the balance and all to play for but getting the first one in the opposition's back yard is a good start for Washington. Even though they snuck in through the wildcard after a poor end to the season they still have good pitching and they seem to have built up some momentum.

Not the start I was hoping for, hopefully the Astros turn it around tomorrow and continue that for the first Washington game. It’s going to be tough.

Winner of the first game in the WC is 65% to win in a 7 game series..... just sayin'

Huge game tomorrow for the Astros
And they have absolutely fucked it tonight Washington 19-3 run now. They were the second worst team after around 40 games, amazing turnaround for them they look unbeatable at the minute

The only thing I can cling to now is that 2017 was a tight one too. There’s not much to say about last night, losing 12-3 at home is pretty devastating and I’m not confident of going to Washington when we’re 0-2 at home.

Here’s hoping the team have a collective epiphany between now and tonight.

Went to a yankees game. Worst 2/3 hours of my life.

Put me off following it further.
Went to a Yankees game 6 weeks ago for the experience. Can't say I enjoyed the game but probably didn't help that we didn't understand the rules, and the game semed very fragmented. Fantastic stadium with facilities that would put the Premier League to shame (apart from the beer prices :eek:). The stadium was maybe 2/3 full but it seemed there were a lot of people not even watching the game - from our seat we could see a 'cafe' section on the concourse where 3 men were sitting at a table playing cards. There were a dozen(ish) people in the rows in front of us and i think there was only one bloke avidly watching and getting involved.
Been there, done that, probably won't go back.

Went to a Yankees game 6 weeks ago for the experience. Can't say I enjoyed the game but probably didn't help that we didn't understand the rules, and the game semed very fragmented. Fantastic stadium with facilities that would put the Premier League to shame (apart from the beer prices :eek:). The stadium was maybe 2/3 full but it seemed there were a lot of people not even watching the game - from our seat we could see a 'cafe' section on the concourse where 3 men were sitting at a table playing cards. There were a dozen(ish) people in the rows in front of us and i think there was only one bloke avidly watching and getting involved.
Been there, done that, probably won't go back.
It’s better on TV

It’s better on TV
That's a strange one but possibly true. I remember talking to one Yankees ST holder who said he preferred to watch the post season on TV rather than being in the stadium. He felt more connected to the game when he was 'watching the pitcher sweat' close up with the season on the line.

Absolutely scandalous tthe way the yankees played in the close season. All the talk about breaking records and in the end they just couldn't compete with the big boys or even make a game of it

Back