Baseball Playoffs

Ive been watching it for years, its only this week I’ve actually paid attention. Ive been to loads of games and the atmosphere is shite compared to our football matches.
Might be why, like you said, it's better on TV. I was expecting a lively atmosphere with a lot of whooping and hollering, but it didn't happen

Absolutely scandalous tthe way the yankees played in the close season. All the talk about breaking records and in the end they just couldn't compete with the big boys or even make a game of it

They rely too much on the power hitting with average pitching..Sabathia had been a spent force for ages..they need to move for Cole.

They rely too much on the power hitting with average pitching..Sabathia had been a spent force for ages..they need to move for Cole.

Crumbled during the first game vs the Nationals, not that Verlander did much better last night. Still hope the Astros keep hold of Cole though.

It's doable but its going to be a total slog.

Last edited:
Came together for the Astros last night, still had a shocking amount of players left on base, luckily so did the Nationals.

Still, a win’s a win. More of the same tonight hopefully.
Big game last night tying the series at 2-2. More of the same tonight and the Astros will be have a chance to win the series back at Minute Maid on Wednesday.

Urquidy was brilliant as well, only came back from the minors a few months ago and he was on fire last night.

Last edited:
An amazing turnaround by any measure. I watched the first half of the game last night and Houston are showing us who they are now, rolling Washington over again, 7-1. 3-2 advantage to the Astros The great teams do this. It would be amazing if every game was won by the away side but I can't see it happening....maybe?

just caught with last nights game. Brilliant 100 and odd pitch shift from Cole. Umpire made a couple of sloppy decisions i thought. Looking like Houstonhas it wrapped it up

just caught with last nights game. Brilliant 100 and odd pitch shift from Cole. Umpire made a couple of sloppy decisions i thought. Looking like Houstonhas it wrapped it up

I'd enjoy seeing it go to seven games. Just for shits and giggles. But that's up to Washington.

they`d need to seriously get their fingers out tomorrow night for that to happen. its on at midnight ower here so hopefully stay awke to watch it
It's finely balanced. Houston know they can get to Srasburg early but Verlander can't seem to buy a win in the world series. I'll watch the condensed game in the morning.

Verlander has really struggled for some reason. Urquidy was absolutely brilliant last night though; we kept Soto quiet as well which helped a lot.

It seems the team meeting they had after the two home losses has paid off, hopefully we can get back home and finish this off!

Logon or register to see this image

Back