Barton

Barton will manage in a higher league than Parkinson or Ross. He won't be signing Spearing for a start from just down the road, he probably has seen him play which is a distinct advantage.

I've just had a quick look. To me, it looks like they're blowing SCMP apart, unless their admin staff are on a fortune, because their wage bill, at about £7m, is more than their turnover. It took me ages to find as well, because the company name is Fleetwood Wanderers. It's also worth noting that their CEO has the same name as a director as the EFL.

That last bit sounds particularly dodgy (assuming it's not a coincidence) when you factor in that the EFL essentially allowed Fleetwood to decide they should get a playoff spot before the season was over.

That last bit sounds particularly dodgy (assuming it's not a coincidence) when you factor in that the EFL essentially allowed Fleetwood to decide they should get a playoff spot before the season was over.

I can't assume it's the same person, because there are different correspondence addresses, but it's not a common surname. So, without casting aspersions, I'll just put the facts out there and let people form their own conclusions.

I think that’s because the mags are the only ones who seem to like him, having digs at us.

It’s the only way he can stay relevant, everyone else thinks he’s a bellend. Not be long till he’s dreading shower time in the slammer.
If we stop biting at every comment he makes he would stop taking the piss out of us

He'll never manage a higher league team for various reasons. His history of behaviour will never be overlooked by sensible chairpersons or owners of PL and Championship teams.
If he does well then I bet to differ. There are numerous instances of chairpersons/owners putting money/league position before morality. You need look no further than our own club a few years ago.

Tbf fleetwood deserved to finish higher than us and Portsmouth. They’re there on merit, the table doesn’t lie, even if it was finished early

The French speaking manager of Fleetwood could be one of the obsessed Mags off here

His comments on BBC Sport before the 2nd leg of the play off v Wycombe soon turn to "we finished above the big clubs like Sunderland and Portsmouth"

Does he ever go a week without talking about us?

He's an absolute twat and doesn't miss an opportunity, but he's right on that, he's got every right to big himself and Fleetwood up on that.

Hopefully he'll be locked up by the time the new season arrives with a bit of luck though.

Back