Barton continuing his obsession with us.

Cattermole may have wound mags up but I don’t recall him bringing them into conversation during interviews. I don’t for one minute think he winds me up, he is an irrelevance, but we have certainly wound him up somehow. Then again, judging by his history, it isn’t unreasonable to suggest he is easily overwrought
Mate, I don't want to argue anymore. So I will just say again, I really don't think he constantly thinks about you. You seem to care that he might think about you!

Mate, I don't want to argue anymore. So I will just say again, I really don't think he constantly thinks about you. You seem to care that he might think about you!
The evidence is out there and I’ve even given you a link. I will say again, he really does constantly think about us. Easy this

I hope he goes to prison very soon and gets anally destroyed with a protein shaker, with an SAFC badge, whilst being forced to sing Sunderland are going up.

Last edited:
Can't abide Barton, but his assessment is probably pretty accurate in this instance TBH. I don't see it as a slur on us, but just some turgid journalism from a paper that has nowt in common with our home town nowadays, expect it"s name. The Sunderland Echo as I knew it is sadly, long since gone :cry:

I thought that was obvious to be fair!

He's saying join us and be important and remembered for something good!

Most players in l1 don't make it in the Championship. If you go up you will replace your whole team and the players you let go will drop straight back down. Fleetwood can't afford to do that so most of the players will still be first choice.

Did you not get that?

Not at all, come and join Fleetwood because of some bullshit I am spouting, thats what I got, I also got that any player reading that should realise he thinks we are going up, the f***ing wanker.

Come to Fleetwood, get paid less, less win bonuses and no promotion bonus or pay rise, if you are lucky we will still be in this shit league, thats what I got. Black and white bag of shit

If a player came here right now, played their heart out, helped get us promoted and helped solidify us in the Championship, he would be remembered positively by the fans.

the real talking point for a player coming here over little Fleetwood is “if you want to take challenge yourself to succeed and earn the admiration of hundred of thousands of supporters, then come here and accept the challenge. If you want the easy way out then join a small club that is most likely at the height of where they will be in their history, play your game and earn the admiration of a few thousand supporters.”

Reading the article and the comments by Barton, it sounds like he’s scared of the pull both Ipswich and SAFC have in this division.

Out the blue our performances improve and suddenly this comes out? Looks like a desperate grab for attention by Mags. "Look at me, I'm still relevant."

Back