Barton continuing his obsession with us.

Tbf. He hasn’t said anything we haven’t been saying over the last few months. He also kind of sums up why we are in this division. That said. Fuck off Barton the worst team in our history is still above you in the league.

Barton is correct this is certainly the lowest point in the football League that we have ever sunk to. On the other hand it is the highest that Fleetwood Town has ever achieved.

So although it can be said that our "worst ever team" is 3rd rate conversely Fleetwood's best ever team is 3rd rate. That says more about Fleetwood Town and its dreadful standards than it does SAFC

Dreadful standards? Look at their history man. Theyre punching way above their weight but safc shouldnt be in the same division as them never mind getting fecking beat.

how the feck has our once proud club came to this?

Can't stand the bloke, but he is right there. Why the outrage?

Outrage mode is on by default these days isn't it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
He's basically said don't go to the bigger club, come here instead, we have better coaching.

WTF else was he going to say to try and attract players?

I'm struggling to see what he's done wrong this time

He’s talking absolute shite as usual anyway. If a player comes and has success here they’ll be remembered. Claiming players wouldn’t be remembered here because it’s league on

I’d imagine most Sunderland fans will have heard of the majority of the players from our last spell in this division.

Utter drivel from Barton. If a player gives everything for the shirt they will be remembered fondly.

Exactly. John McPhail is a great example, I would buy him a pint anytime. Players liked Hesford, Burley etc who were part of the 1987 relegation side to Division 3 all played a good part in redeeming themselves and Eric Gates extended not just his Sunderland career but his whole football career on the basis of his achievements that season.

Nothing wrong with what he said to be fair. He is saying that we are a massive club vs the other clubs in league one.

Correct, he says we are massive and shouldn't be in League One - his views on player development are eccentric at the the very least, but they are opinion. Point is though he is such an utter spenk it doesn't matter - horrible player, horrible manager.

Tidied

How will it help his own team?
I thought that was obvious to be fair!

He's saying join us and be important and remembered for something good!

Most players in l1 don't make it in the Championship. If you go up you will replace your whole team and the players you let go will drop straight back down. Fleetwood can't afford to do that so most of the players will still be first choice.

Did you not get that?

Correct, he says we are massive and shouldn't be in League One - his views on player development are eccentric at the the very least, but they are opinion. Point is though he is such an utter spenk it doesn't matter - horrible player, horrible manager.
Nah, he was an alright player and is an alright manager. He's a horrible human being!

I would hate to be Joey Barton, he must think of us every waking moment. We are constantly on his mind and that sort of bitterness isn’t healthy at all.

If you believe that then maybe your mental health isn't so good!
He’s twisted, I dont stub cigars out on people’s faces, my brother isn’t an axe murderer, I haven’t been convicted of violence , I haven’t been to jail, I haven’t been banned from football for betting offences, nor have I been charged by the Fa, or whoever my equivalent may be, of assault charges. I don’t obsess over Joey Barton nor NUFC, I don’t bring either of them into irrelevant conversations and I have never been banned from the touch line. Yes, my mental health isn’t as good as his. Idiot

He’s twisted, I dont stub cigars out on people’s faces, my brother isn’t an axe murderer, I haven’t been convicted of violence , I haven’t been to jail, I haven’t been banned from football for betting offences, nor have I been charged by the Fa, or whoever my equivalent may be, of assault charges. I don’t obsess over Joey Barton nor NUFC, I don’t bring either of them into irrelevant conversations and I have never been banned from the touch line. Yes, my mental health isn’t as good as his. Idiot
That wasn't your point, though!

I agree he's not a good man. But to believe he's always thinking about Sunderland???

So your point is that because I reckon he thinks about us all of the time, and I’m not the only one who thinks that, my mental health should be questioned
Joey Barton v Sunderland: 15 infamous times the ex-Newcastle star has tried to wind up SAFC fans and players
Not really, I was being flippant and honestly apologise if I caused offence!

He's obviously wound you up at times. Cattermole has wound up Newcastle fans in the past, but in no way would I think that it's all he thinks about!

Not really, I was being flippant and honestly apologise if I caused offence!

He's obviously wound you up at times. Cattermole has wound up Newcastle fans in the past, but in no way would I think that it's all he thinks about!
Cattermole may have wound mags up but I don’t recall him bringing them into conversation during interviews. I don’t for one minute think he winds me up, he is an irrelevance, but we have certainly wound him up somehow. Then again, judging by his history, it isn’t unreasonable to suggest he is easily overwrought

Not gonna bother reading his garbage just another one on the list with a bizarre obsession. He's just bitter and twisted that Fleetwood will be the best gig he gets in football the tosser.

Back