Barton continuing his obsession with us.

I’m not saying that I agree with him In any way shape or form... but it’s funny to read how a lot of you guys have been saying this is the lowest ebb Sunderland have ever been at and the worst team you have ever seen play... and then Joey Barton steps up with pretty much the same sentiment and all hell breaks loose 😂
Nobody disagrees with that. It's this bollocks that a player shouldn't sign for us because we're a 3rd division side at the moment. If I was a player who had anything about me I'd sooner play at the SoL than a shit tip like Fleetwood ffs. It's just another reason for him to bring up "worst team ever" etc. Trying to gain favour with the mags.

4 pages so far of a thread dedicated to someone who is apparently obsessed with us. But the obsession isn’t mutual? Ok then.

Also, he thrives off attention. He’s the same as James McClean in that respect. The reason he keeps having a go at Sunderland is because Sunderland fans give him what he craves. Ignore him and he goes away. Sadly that won’t happen.

4 pages so far of a thread dedicated to someone who is apparently obsessed with us. But the obsession isn’t mutual? Ok then.

Also, he thrives off attention. He’s the same as James McClean in that respect. The reason he keeps having a go at Sunderland is because Sunderland fans give him what he craves. Ignore him and he goes away. Sadly that won’t happen.
Ignore him and he won't go away because we arent his target audience. That would be Newcastle fans.

Sadly, he’s more than a little right, and we’ve got to deal with it.

Bigger rep players won’t drop down and the up and coming lads may think twice due to pressure etc. We appear to have lost out on a few players because of this.

There are positives though, we’ve made a bad habit of signing wholly inappropriate players, at least this means we only get the ones that want to be here for the opportunity it is.

Barton is correct this is certainly the lowest point in the football League that we have ever sunk to. On the other hand it is the highest that Fleetwood Town has ever achieved.

So although it can be said that our "worst ever team" is 3rd rate conversely Fleetwood's best ever team is 3rd rate. That says more about Fleetwood Town and its dreadful standards than it does SAFC

Back