Barry Ferguson

Status
Not open for further replies.
we won't make an appointment until we've got our director of football in place. That's likely to be Ross Wilson who's currently director of scouting and recruitment at Southampton. He won't be leaving Southampton until after the cup final today (if reports are to be believed). I suspect Ross Wilson will have a big say in the next appointment so all this tittle tattle is pointless until he's in position.

I'd personally be in favour of McLeish and Ferguson until the summer to give Wilson a chance to properly assess the club but it sounds like we want a permanent replacement for Warburton now so who knows?
you must be a right football jinx, Dobie lad. Sunderland and Rangers

only two players I can think of that would fit that criteria and haven't been playing much are Rossiter and Kranjcar. Both of whom are injured. Rossiter won't be on high wages (or I wouldn't have thought so anyway) but his injury is a bit of a mystery. Warburton said he was 8-10 days away from recovery at the beginning of December and he hasn't been seen since.

Barry Ferguson will not be the next manager of Rangers.

Graham Spiers is bigging up Billy Davies for this --- Half of the town will be delighted I reckon

of course Spiers is bigging up Davies. That would be a disaster for Rangers and that would be a dream scenario for that knacker.

:lol:

thankfully my third team Shields are flying high... :cool:

Tbh I was amazed at him in the interview I heard - Spiers kept bringing him up at every opportunity as the answer -- I assumed he was on commission or summat

I'm certainly no Rangers fan but even I couldnae stomach his return (and to be fair most of the longsuffering fans deserve someone better)
Won't be De Boer mind - I always reckon a reality based approach to recruitment works best:p

Butcher brought some good players in, just needed a much better manager to do anything with them. Ferguson wasn't one them though :lol:

He could pass a ball, unfortunately his mobility suggested he couldn't pass a pub/pie shop. Initially he looked ok but it soon wore off.

Derek Ferguson. One of the better signings of Butcher's tenure
not in my opinion, plus he was driving the car the wrong way round the roundabout with all the new players in, before we played Derby

He could pass a ball, unfortunately his mobility suggested he couldn't pass a pub/pie shop. Initially he looked ok but it soon wore off.[/QUOTEi
I was at game when lads who were stood behind me, said their mate had been in the army with a load of jocks, rangers fans, and they thought that the issue was the Ferguson was too good for Sunderland !! That was true in the case of Jim Baxter, but not Ferguson

Last edited:
They are running on monthly loans from directors, how the fuck are they going to afford a director of football overseeing a non existent scouting network? They are advertising for fans to get involved as stewards for free, they'll be in admin before the end of the season once the claims are filed for severance pay for the non existent resignations

He could pass a ball, unfortunately his mobility suggested he couldn't pass a pub/pie shop. Initially he looked ok but it soon wore off.
:lol: my biggest memory of Derek Ferguson tbh is actually winning VIP tickets - for what turned out to be the game John Kay broke his leg and rowed himself off the pitch - by correctly guessing it was him in the blurred out picture competition they used to run in the matchday programme. I was about seven.

They are running on monthly loans from directors, how the fuck are they going to afford a director of football overseeing a non existent scouting network? They are advertising for fans to get involved as stewards for free, they'll be in admin before the end of the season once the claims are filed for severance pay for the non existent resignations

Fake news man.

They are a soundly run out fit going for 55.

Tbh I was amazed at him in the interview I heard - Spiers kept bringing him up at every opportunity as the answer -- I assumed he was on commission or summat

I'm certainly no Rangers fan but even I couldnae stomach his return (and to be fair most of the longsuffering fans deserve someone better)
Won't be De Boer mind - I always reckon a reality based approach to recruitment works best:p

Why is De Boer linked with Rangers and talked about as if he's a Rangers legend, he played 15 times for them

Also why haven't they just got the guy who's doing a good job at Aberdeen, he played as many as 35 games for them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back