Barry’s Bargain Superstore In Consett

As a relative newcomer to the thread, I'd like to share my own experience of Barry's Bargains. It was quite an adventure

So I was working at a site in Consett one day, and myself and a colleague stopped for lunch.

It being a warm day we had a walk around the town. Obviously seeking some afternoon snacks we entered BBS

And I bought some multipacks of crisps. I do vividly recall offering a packet to someone else during the course of the pm session. I'd like to think I made a difference to someone's life that day with the simple gesture of discounted kindness

The end

As a relative newcomer to the thread, I'd like to share my own experience of Barry's Bargains. It was quite an adventure

So I was working at a site in Consett one day, and myself and a colleague stopped for lunch.

It being a warm day we had a walk around the town. Obviously seeking some afternoon snacks we entered BBS

And I bought some multipacks of crisps. I do vividly recall offering a packet to someone else during the course of the pm session. I'd like to think I made a difference to someone's life that day with the simple gesture of discounted kindness

The end
Really touching post that mate, thanks for sharing.

I see Barry was advertising bargains at 3am. 1.8kg tins of pork luncheon meat for only £3.99. The bloke doesn’t need sleep mind, the look of joy on his customers faces is all Sir Baz needs.
That’s impressive mind I must say, impressively stupid to be posting at 3am I’m glad Graeme and cos are switched on to know when to post.

I see Barry was advertising bargains at 3am. 1.8kg tins of pork luncheon meat for only £3.99. The bloke doesn’t need sleep mind, the look of joy on his customers faces is all Sir Baz needs.

138yrs old they say.

Fought in both the 1st and 2nd World Wars. Invented the clip on tie and the bit in the centre of a vinyl record. Set for life financially, so devotes it to bringing cheap products to the needy.

Last edited:
138yrs old they say.

Fought in both the 1st and 2nd World Wars. Invented the clip on tie and the bit in the centre of a vinyl record. Set for life financially, so devotes it to bringing cheap products to the needy.
I knew it, I simply knew it!! there had to something that differentiates his business model to other retail outlets and now we know, thanks for sharing.

If visiting Barry's, why not pop in to Consett Ale Works at the Grey Horse for a pint of this and other fine local brews.
The grey horse is a great pub. In fact there are some great pubs there. As long as you don’t mind feeling like an extra from Life on Mars you will have a great night. Burgundy leather box jackets are still the coat of choice.

The is a thread about Barry's.
I don't wish to be rude but fuck off with your poundzone shite.
I don't need it.
I want to hear about about how much a kilo of sweet and sour sauce is from Barry's, I want to hear about the knowing nod you get from the security guard on your way in, the nod that says "you're winning at life", I want to know how many cans of monster energy I can get for a fiver to give to my friends son for his birthday to ruin his life.
I don't care about cowboys flogging shite on tick tok.
This year's bridgefield bargains that lot.
Also, as the start of the pandemic when the country was out of toilet roll, who kept your balloon knot clean when others failed?
Aye, Barry came through with his pallets of rationed shit roll.

Mods need to get a grip here.
100% this
I would choke on any of the crap from those imposters
I'm going on a weekly pilgrimage to pay my £s to Barry's Altar Tomorrow
watch this space :lol:
Anyone know if Barry's Easter egg aisle is stocked to the rafters yet?
since last May

Back