Barry’s Bargain Superstore In Consett

I really hate that spoons, I don't hate spoons generally... but to build that monstrosity with perfectly ordered rows of tables and the acoustics of a swimming pool is criminal.

Must be the least atmospheric spoons in the country.
I've been in twice and I thought it was like a school canteen. I didn't think it was a bad spoons I've been in worse.
Generally I like Wetherspoon's pubs and have travelled some distance to visit them in the past. Not for a cheap pint but I have a liking for old cinemas. The spoons at Blyth I think is the best I've been in. They've even got a restored 1930s projector in what was the original cinema foyer. It's a beautiful interior. If it was local to me I'd be a regular in there
I was in the spoons at Spennymoor last week. That's an ex old cinema that was saved by Tim. Nowhere near the class of Blyth but still worth a visit

I've been in twice and I thought it was like a school canteen. I didn't think it was a bad spoons I've been in worse.
Generally I like Wetherspoon's pubs and have travelled some distance to visit them in the past. Not for a cheap pint but I have a liking for old cinemas. The spoons at Blyth I think is the best I've been in. They've even got a restored 1930s projector in what was the original cinema foyer. It's a beautiful interior. If it was local to me I'd be a regular in there
I was in the spoons at Spennymoor last week. That's an ex old cinema that was saved by Tim. Nowhere near the class of Blyth but still worth a visit

Hexham spoons is an old cinema/theatre... its a canny place.

Consett was a new build. They could have done something creative and interesting. Instead they created that

Hexham spoons is an old cinema/theatre... its a canny place.

Consett was a new build. They could have done something creative and interesting. Instead they created that

Aye you can see Consett is a new building. It lacks any soul. I haven't been in the Hexam branch though I knew it was an old cinema. I'll put it on my list

the spoon in morpeth is poor ' electrical wizard' as mentioned above school canteen comes to mind, the immediate bar area is canny.

anyhoo, does anyone know if barry is selling the sputnik vaccine ?

Aye you can see Consett is a new building. It lacks any soul. I haven't been in the Hexam branch though I knew it was an old cinema. I'll put it on my list

The forum cinema is still above it (nice small independent cinema). They reduced it in size, what was the main lower bit, is now the spoons.
It's shaped like a funnel, you walk in through a narrow entrance past the smokers,.then the bar flies who stare at outsiders and mentally undress females.
If you make it the the bottom bit where the screen was,.you can look up and see lots of the original cinema features.

That's the one, my mistake marra. Thanks.

Sam Smith's Pure Brewed Organic Lager.
Probably the worst lager I've ever drank was a Samuel Smith's brand. I think it was called Taddy.
I was in a pub in Appleton Roebuck near Tadcaster and they only had Sam Smith's beers. I just about managed to drink the Taddy and decided to change to the alpine lager for a second pint. It tasted exactly the same as the first one.
Mind once you'd had a couple it didn't taste quite so bad and it was at the time unbelievably cheap. The price made up for the shit taste. :)

Probably the worst lager I've ever drank was a Samuel Smith's brand. I think it was called Taddy.
I was in a pub in Appleton Roebuck near Tadcaster and they only had Sam Smith's beers. I just about managed to drink the Taddy and decided to change to the alpine lager for a second pint. It tasted exactly the same as the first one.
Mind once you'd had a couple it didn't taste quite so bad and it was at the time unbelievably cheap. The price made up for the shit taste. :)
Generally found them poor and the owner is a tit

Teddy and Apline lagers aren't great, I'll agree with you there. The pure brewed lagwr is really smooth, a lot nicer than those 2 that you tried.

Back