Barrow - Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestmountFC

Goalkeeper
Reading have agreed a deal in the region of £1.25m to sign Modou Barrow from Swansea. Surely we should be in for him for this price. It was only a year ago or so they were looking for £4m+

No doubt people on here will say he's shit but he would get into our side no problem. Did anyone see Honeymans performance at Hartlepool? We're crying out for pace in our team.

He's certainly quick and always looked a threat whenever I've seen Swansea (which admittedly is against us, so the looking threatening bit has to be taken with a pinch of salt).

Surely even we could afford £1.25m ?

I know the first two are likely to be away but Dir arguments sake let's say they don't, but barrow wouldn't be getting ahead of khazri or lens, then I don't think he'd be ahead of watmore then mcgeady seems to be a graydo favourite. We seem to be in a position of sell before buy so unless one of our existing wide players leaves I can't see us bringing in any more.

I remember him breaking through at Swansea and given he is half Swedish I took an interest. He looked good in a short spell at Swansea but drifted away.

At that price he would be worth looking at though

Decent signing at that price. Reading were decent last season and unlucky not to go up, they may challenge the play-off spots again

Couldn't break into Leeds' team last season when on loan from january.

He looked really good in pre-season last year and I thought that he would do well for Swansea but he has never really fulfilled his potential. Has loads of pace but does not really deliver anything at the end of it. If the rumours are true, he is also a complete twat off the pitch and not too popular with the rest of the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back