Barnsley away ticket sales

To put you in the picture... the away end at Oakwell holds about 6000 but for some reason, and nobody here really knows why, in the last few seasons it has been restricted to about 4500 with a large empty section between that stand and our East Stand.
Also there is an empty lower tier in our old wooden stand which takes out another 1500 or so.
We have no idea why the club has done this, it goes back to our days in the Champ when even Leeds, SheffWeds, Utd etc would have filled those spaces.
No doubt South Yorks Police have had their fingers in it somewhere.
But for a club the size of Barnsley to refuse entry to 3000 paying people is beyond our comprehension.
You may not have sold the grand total of 7500 but you are now not given the chance.

Tbf mate, the concourse is woefully small and it’s actually good there isn’t another 1500 packed in. That Beer bar thing is pointless as well.

Mind, I do like Barnsley as an away trip.

Tbf mate, the concourse is woefully small and it’s actually good there isn’t another 1500 packed in. That Beer bar thing is pointless as well.

Mind, I do like Barnsley as an away trip.
It was like getting into a high security prison last season. East Dene club is ideal for parking and cheap pints. It's about a 10 minute walk. I would avoid the leisure centre type place near the ground.

Me and me pal off to this one. 1430 bus with the Chester branch. Hopefully be in the pub by half past. Having done Plymouth and Portsmouth on the bus and Bradford via 3 trains, I’m looking forward to a short and simple away match. Huge game as well.

Back