Barcelona not afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the polite question MR GK.
Its got alot to do with my children. My children being scared at any loud bang.
My daughter getting upset with me because i wouldnt let her go and do the London tourist thing that my son did the week before which happened to be the same time as the latest London attack.
The holiday i booked for next year which i now have thoughts about cancelling. Quite a few things tbh.

Imagine having you as a parent. Your bairns have no chance. :lol:

I'm not that far gone mate. I wasnt banned cos of the stuff I know. I got banned cos someone doesn't like it when they get a taste of their own medicine.

Fine, if you want to do this in public.

You responded to a post of mine commenting on your thought process on a climate change thread with a reasonable, albeit flawed response.

But you then couldn't help yourself and signed off with an unnecessary personal insult.

I banned you for 7 days.

You've now had 17 separate warnings for similar infractions from a number of moderators.

Perhaps at some stage the penny will drop.

You responded to a post of mine commenting on your thought process on a climate change thread with a reasonable, albeit flawed response.

But you then couldn't help yourself and signed off with an unnecessary personal insult.

I banned you for 7 days.

You've now had 17 separate warnings for similar infractions from a number of moderators.

Unlikely, when gravity isn't real ;)

I banned you for 7 days.

What penny? You're making out I'm a hot head that goes around abusing fellow posters which is not the case. Here are the 17 warnings. Hardly backs up what you are trying to say. I am the fairest of the fairest, even if I do say so myself. I stand up to bullies, mags and sometimes people who take the piss taking of me too far. I'm all for having a laugh. But do not take my indifference to the mickey taking as weakness in my stance. I will not change my posting style. Sorry if that offends you.

If you're going to talk about it at least post what this unnecessary personal insult was. So we can all see how thin your skin is.

Warning Date Expiry
Inappropriate Language Aug 13, 2017 Yesterday at 3:00 PM
Inappropriate Behaviour Mar 6, 2017 Sep 6, 2017 at 3:00 PM
Inappropriate Content Dec 6, 2016 Feb 6, 2017
Inappropriate Behaviour Jan 4, 2016 Mar 4, 2016
Read the sticky Sep 4, 2015 Nov 4, 2015
Inappropriate Behavior Jul 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015
Libellous Posts Jan 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015
Inappropriate Behavior Jan 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015
Inappropriate Behavior Jan 5, 2015 Jan 7, 2015
Inappropriate Language Dec 18, 2014 Dec 19, 2014
Copyrighted Information Dec 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2015
Copyrighted Information May 29, 2014 Jun 29, 2014
Copyrighted Information Mar 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014
Inappropriate Behavior Feb 2, 2014 Mar 2, 2014
Inappropriate Content Jan 1, 2014 Feb 1, 2014
Inappropriate content for open forum Dec 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2014

Unlikely, when gravity isn't real ;)

:lol: Love sticking it in dont you DM.

It might not be what we think it is. Gravity has a lot of mysteries.

Last edited:

I banned you for 7 days.

Can I ask what's deemed a personal insult and can a moderator act on someone's behalf if they see someone abusing someone else?

Being honest with you @Pancho, I'm relatively thick skinned but I found this post of yours particularly insulting. I didn't report it because I didn't see the point, perhaps if I can highlight it here and discuss it with you we can move forward? What was your implication by the last sentence?

Jesus wept man.

Are you being paid by the word or what?

It seems like every thread I open there's you with another gallon of word soup.

It might not be so bad if I had the faintest clue what you are on about but your syntax seems to render me dyslexic.

I banned you for 7 days.

Deary me. What a fanny.

Deary me. What a fanny.

That is my conclusion also. Careful though mate. He might take offense to that. See you in a week.

It seems to me that its fair game throwing insults about when it fits in with his own viewpoint. But when someone stands up for themselves it is deemed insulting. We only need to go back a few posts to see what I mean. Now someone calling me a absolute cock is water off a ducks back to me and probably a bit of banter. So it never registers as insulting to me. I know when someone means it and when not. What I will not stand for is unwarranted piss take and will continue to take umbrage. I bet you in the same way the insult never registered on panchos radar as it was taking the piss outta someone he deems fair game.

What penny? You're making out I'm a hot head that goes around abusing fellow posters which is not the case. Here are the 17 warnings. Hardly backs up what you are trying to say. I am the fairest of the fairest, even if I do say so myself. I stand up to bullies, mags and sometimes people who take the piss taking of me too far. I'm all for having a laugh. But do not take my indifference to the mickey taking as weakness in my stance. I will not change my posting style. Sorry if that offends you.

If you're going to talk about it at least post what this unnecessary personal insult was. So we can all see how thin your skin is.

Warning Date Expiry
Inappropriate Language Aug 13, 2017 Yesterday at 3:00 PM
Inappropriate Behaviour Mar 6, 2017 Sep 6, 2017 at 3:00 PM
Inappropriate Content Dec 6, 2016 Feb 6, 2017
Inappropriate Behaviour Jan 4, 2016 Mar 4, 2016
Read the sticky Sep 4, 2015 Nov 4, 2015
Inappropriate Behavior Jul 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015
Libellous Posts Jan 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015
Inappropriate Behavior Jan 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015
Inappropriate Behavior Jan 5, 2015 Jan 7, 2015
Inappropriate Language Dec 18, 2014 Dec 19, 2014
Copyrighted Information Dec 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2015
Copyrighted Information May 29, 2014 Jun 29, 2014
Copyrighted Information Mar 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014
Inappropriate Behavior Feb 2, 2014 Mar 2, 2014
Inappropriate content for open forum Dec 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2014

:lol: Love sticking it in dont you DM.

It might not be what we think it is. Gravity has a lot of mysteries.

:lol: Oi man, I'm on board with some of it.

Calling someone a complete cock is deffo a personal insult.

Ultimate defence of truth though.

:lol:

Get fucked. Ultimate defence of truth my arse.

:lol: Oi man, I'm on board with some of it.

:lol:

Its alright DM. Ive already said I can take it off posters who are sound and I know they dont really mean it fully. You are on that list. Anyway, you're a part member of the tin foil brigade. So you're taking the piss outta yourself

Last edited:
That is my conclusion also. Careful though mate. He might take offense to that. See you in a week.

It seems to me that its fair game throwing insults about when it fits in with his own viewpoint. But when someone stands up for themselves it is deemed insulting. We only need to go back a few posts to see what I mean. Now someone calling me a absolute cock is water off a ducks back to me and probably a bit of banter. So it never registers as insulting to me. I know when someone means it and when not. What I will not stand for is unwarranted piss take and will continue to take umbrage. I bet you in the same way the insult never registered on panchos radar as it was taking the piss outta someone he deems fair game.

It was a joke and I was making a point as well.

But it is a messageboard and if one of the mods takes a dislike, there is fuck all you can do, other than stop coming on here.

i think @Pancho is a bit of a self righteous poster, especially around Brexit. Banning someone for calling him names is a bit much. (unless you were really bad)

fair enough banning someone when someone has complained.

But it is a messageboard and if one of the mods takes a dislike, there is fuck all you can do, other than stop coming on here.

i think @Pancho is a bit of a self righteous poster, especially around Brexit. Banning someone for calling him names is a bit much. (unless you were really bad)

Nah... there are definitely other things you can do ;)

I'm not going to let a jumped up power hungry mod stop me coming on here mate. Its funny that I dont have a issue with any other mod.

I can't even remember what I called him. Couldnt have been that bad.

Can I ask what's deemed a personal insult and can a moderator act on someone's behalf if they see someone abusing someone else?

It all depends upon the context. Think of it like conversation in a pub. A mate says something like 'fuck off man' and that would be considered as part of the to and fro. If random passer by chipped in with the same comment then the circumstances, not to mention the probable outcome are completely different. Same applies to the board.

And yes, moderators can and do intervene in instances of abuse. Depending upon the circumstances the response may be anything from a deleted post to warning points or even an outright ban.

Being honest with you @Pancho, I'm relatively thick skinned but I found this post of yours particularly insulting. I didn't report it because I didn't see the point, perhaps if I can highlight it here and discuss it with you we can move forward? What was your implication by the last sentence?

The implication was that I find your writing style to be somewhat opaque and I often struggle to comprehend your point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back