barca

I wouldn't say the title race is necessarily over mind.

Real are 1 point ahead with a game in hand, 5 games to play but they still have to play teams currently sat in 5th, 6th and 9th of the table.
I was wondering if I’d missed something when I read the OP.

It’s out of their hands now, but there’s no guarantee Real will win their game in hand.

Ive said on here for years theyre nout flash. If messi doesnt have a blinder they usually dont win.

Their transfer policy is insane aswell. Signing griezmann to play him outwide is ridiculous.
They were the best team of the last decade tbf. Losing Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and Neymar has hurt them. Rather than sticking to their transfer policy and promoting young they have decided to sign big money superstars. When Messi leaves they are in massive trouble. Even when he plays well they still struggle.

Real Madrid youth academy has produced the most players playing in the top 5 leagues than any other club during the last 5 years. Even Barca’s youth academy isn’t the best anymore.
They had a wonderful generation of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Busquets etc. but that was a rare thing. They won't see a crop of world class players for years and years

Really liked them a few year ago when they were the exact opposite of Madrid, didn't just go out and spend millions on players and the team was full of players from the academy, not sure why they changed but all they seem to do now is waste money on average players ,they have basically just turned into Madrid. Obviously Xavi and Iniesta leaving was a huge blow as they are irreplaceable.

Last edited:
Don't think Griezmann came on till 90th minute. Opted for Puig. Puig looks a player mind.

I have been following him for a while and seen him play a few times now and said it in another thread a while ago, he is still a little light but he is only young. The positive from the game last night was he got through the full 90 mins against a physical side so all good for his development

I wasn't sure if you meant top 5 leagues in Spain. How many academy graduates have played a league game for Real Madrid this season though, or last season?

Just this season, Barcelona have fielded 9 players who came through their academy, including Puig and Ansu Fati, who both look like they'll be at Barca for the next 10-12 years.
6 I can count for definite but I don’t know at what age a player has to be at the academy to count. They’ve got a few more they signed when they were 15/16 years old in their squad that have played this season.

6 I can count for definite but I don’t know at what age a player has to be at the academy to count. They’ve got a few more they signed when they were 15/16 years old in their squad that have played this season.
Who are the 6?

Spunked some right money, they never used to traditionally , I know they spend money, but the youth policy and bring through catolinians is what their history is based on
Agree. Puyol, PIque (sort of), Messi, Xavi, Victor Valdes, Guardiola to name but a few - all came through the ranks at Barca. They seem to think they have to copy Real and recruit a big name every season. God help them when Messi retires

I wasn't sure if you meant top 5 leagues in Spain. How many academy graduates have played a league game for Real Madrid this season though, or last season?

Just this season, Barcelona have fielded 9 players who came through their academy, including Puig and Ansu Fati, who both look like they'll be at Barca for the next 10-12 years.

They're mostly out on loan getting valuable first-team experience, something Barca don't do very well. Players like Hakimi, Odegaard, Kubo, Lunin will all go on to make a significant amount of appearances for Madrid.

And they've had Valverde playing loads of games for them this season.

Mariano Diaz, Lucas, Fidalgo Alvaro, Nacho, Javi Hernandez, Daniel Carvajal, Diego Altube.
Hernandez, Altube and Fidalgo have never played a 1st team game between them and the latter 2 don't even have wikipedia entries. They are 22, 20, and 23 years old, and they've played zero matches for Real Madrid.

Mariano was bought as a 17 year old, nearly 10 years ago, then sold, then re-signed. He's 27 next month, and has played 25 times La Liga for Real Madrid in two spells.

The other 3 are only actual academy graduates, and the youngest of them is 28 year old Lucas.

At Barcelona, Ansu Fati (17) and Puig (20) have already played more league games for Barca between them than Altube, Hernandez, Fidalgo and Mariano put together, and the former 2 are both younger than all of the latter.

They're mostly out on loan getting valuable first-team experience, something Barca don't do very well. Players like Hakimi, Odegaard, Kubo, Lunin will all go on to make a significant amount of appearances for Madrid.

And they've had Valverde playing loads of games for them this season.
I'm not remotely convinced of that, and none of them are academy graduates bar Hakimi, who has never played for Real Madrid (yet, although he surely will). Valverde is a good player, but they bought him as an 18 year old.

Back