Barbour now sponsoring the Mags - that's me jacket going to charity then

It isn’t even in f***ing South Shields. Although the Newcastle/Gateshead website reckons it is the Newcastle Barbour outlet and is a 40 minute drive from Newcastle.

The offices and shop are in Jarra, however the factory over the other side of bede metro is in south shields.

Over the years I’ve found clothes I’m comfortable with, fit, cut, style, durability, how they wash, and so on, then I’ve pretty much stayed brand loyal to them because I know what I’m getting, I hate shopping and want it done with as quick as possible, so I buy the same things all the time it’s quicker that way, I’m not a woman, my times best spent picking horses watching and talking about football, eating and drinking, not picking out clothes, so I go for the same thing every time, Reebok Trainers, Timberland Jackets & boots, Levi’s Jeans, Marks and Spencer’s trousers shirts and jumpers, Lacoste polos & sweatshirts, thats just about all you’ll see me out in.

Got to be said, Barbour accessories, hat, scarf, gloves, cap, wallet, are all well made, look decent, and last ages due to being good quality.

In recent years I’ve had to swap my betting account from BetVic to 365, my shaving foam from niva sensitive to Gillette and now my next pair of jeans can’t be Levi’s, and I’m dredging finding another brand that fits as nice, and lasts as long as them, I’ll probably try Timberland. But like some of you lot with Newcastle, I’ll never be able to give money to any company that gives it to them rat eating bin dipping bastards, I just wouldn’t be able to sleep at night, so I know where you’re coming from.

Don’t worry I know I’m a weird bastard no need to point it out.

Over the years I’ve found clothes I’m comfortable with, fit, cut, style, durability, how they wash, and so on, then I’ve pretty much stayed brand loyal to them because I know what I’m getting, I hate shopping and want it done with as quick as possible, so I buy the same things all the time it’s quicker that way, I’m not a woman, my times best spent picking horses watching and talking about football, eating and drinking, not picking out clothes, so I go for the same thing every time, Reebok Trainers, Timberland Jackets & boots, Levi’s Jeans, Marks and Spencer’s trousers shirts and jumpers, Lacoste polos & sweatshirts, thats just about all you’ll see me out in.

Got to be said, Barbour accessories, hat, scarf, gloves, cap, wallet, are all well made, look decent, and last ages due to being good quality.

In recent years I’ve had to swap my betting account from BetVic to 365, my shaving foam from niva sensitive to Gillette and now my next pair of jeans can’t be Levi’s, and I’m dredging finding another brand that fits as nice, and lasts as long as them, I’ll probably try Timberland. But like some of you lot with Newcastle, I’ll never be able to give money to any company that gives it to them rat eating bin dipping bastards, I just wouldn’t be able to sleep at night, so I know where you’re coming from.

Shaving foam by your posh down Yorkshire way I still put all the scraps of soap in my auld shaving bowl

Edwin Jeans are a better fit than Levis imo. Try them out, they have lots of different styles, I prefer a tapered leg.

Last edited:
Used to make good gear many years ago but like a lot of companies once the lemmings buy gear just for the label they can churn out tat and still sell it a high price.
I’ve got a (non waxed) coat of theirs I’ve had 30 years, the missus buys the quilted ones and they barely last a year now.

I don’t think there was a Facebook posting mam in the NE who didn’t wear a black quilted Barbour jacket a year or so ago ,lots of snidely ones about too.
There are also legions of middle class wannabes who, when they think they’ve made it , suddenly get a Labrador or similar gun dog and wear Barbour waxed coats and pretend they live in the countryside .

So I won’t really mind if we are boycotting them tbh , oh wait
my glasses are by Barbour !
Doubt they made them at Simonside tho .

Honestly can’t believe people would stop wearing gear because they sponsor that lot, couldn’t imagine being that petty :lol:

It’s not petty, you’re giving them money, they’re giving it to Newcastle United, you’re basically helping fund your rivals. That can’t sit well with you surely, I wouldn’t want Liverpool, Celtic, or Leeds getting a penny of my money, if I can help it.

It’s not petty, you’re giving them money, they’re giving it to Newcastle United, you’re basically helping fund your rivals. That can’t sit well with you surely, I wouldn’t want Liverpool, Celtic, or Leeds getting a penny of my money, if I can help it.
It really doesn’t bother me at all, I’m sure I’ve spent more on tickets for away games at their place, not to mention beers in the ground etc than they’d see from me buying a new jacket.

Back