Bar top Mame Arcade

Banks

Striker
Has anyone built or bought one of these. Looking like 300 quid to buy wondered how much you could save building yourself?

By time you've bought a raspberry pi the wood panel joysticks etc doesn't sound like you'd save that much money and would be better just buying one for less hassle.

I assume its a bit like building a shed over buying flat pack. You'll not save anything but you'll get a better quality build that is to the design you want.

If you like making stuff I would say go for it, if you don't just buy one.

Has anyone built or bought one of these. Looking like 300 quid to buy wondered how much you could save building yourself?

By time you've bought a raspberry pi the wood panel joysticks etc doesn't sound like you'd save that much money and would be better just buying one for less hassle.

I built one for about £150. I bought mdf and used the side stickers as a template using a jig saw. The other wood is fairly easy to do.

I picked up a 19" monitor for a tenner, jig saw for a fiver. MDF was about £20. Silver trim about a fiver, paint about the same. I used a Pandora's box, it was about £70 I think. Then you have the brackets and screws, maybe £15.

As mentioned I didn't use raspberry pi. It's not perfect, the stickers aren't really wide enough due to using the Pandora's box. It plays well, there's over 800 mame games.

full

full

Yes, and a huge 4 player one.
https://photos.app.tracking code removed/1cczpEg8S17LT8gJA

Last edited by a moderator:

Back