Banksy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw either the bed or her tent (Everyone I Have Ever Slept With) at the Saatchi a good few years ago (or possibly both). More interesting in the flesh and in a gallery setting than just as an unmade bed or a tent with people's names in. Also saw a couple of Damian Hirst's dissection things.

Conceptually, I think I prefer Banksy.
I saw Damian Hirst's diamond skull in Amsterdam (I think). Quite impressive. Liked the tale that it's called 'For The Love Of God' because that's what his Mother said when he told her what he was doing.
I have. There are also examples of visitors not realising an exhibit is an exhibit and moving it, aren't there? (I can't remember specifics)
Pair of glasses dropped on the floor seems to ring a bell as recent example.

I saw Damian Hirst's diamond skull in Amsterdam (I think). Quite impressive. Liked the tale that it's called 'For The Love Of God' because that's what his Mother said when he told her what he was doing.

Pair of glasses dropped on the floor seems to ring a bell as recent example.
Reminds me of the elephant painting on canvass that had art critics gushing over the feelings and angst of the artists :lol:

The tits

Frankie Boyles favourite bit of graffiti was in the bogs in a restaurant and was a massive dick drawn on the wall with the words " Bon Appetit" scrawled underneath.
I think that's beautiful.

I've always fancied getting pissed and going to an art gallery.
Much to my shame, the first time I saw Picasso's 'Guernica' I had been overserved and blurted out 'It's big and a bit crap' much to the horror of Ms Z. Serves her right for dragging me round galleries in Prague looking at religious triptyches, some of which had definitely been painted by dogs.

Much to my shame, the first time I saw Picasso's 'Guernica' I had been overserved and blurted out 'It's big and a bit crap' much to the horror of Ms Z. Serves her right for dragging me round galleries in Prague looking at religious triptyches, some of which had definitely been painted by dogs.

That's basically what I'd like to do. Just get arseholed and go around and point at various exhibits and go "Well that's a load of bollocks."

Hopefully in front of some twat in a beret.

Logon or register to see this image

It's finished now, but this is "22 Bees" in Manchester.

Logon or register to see this image

Art or Graffiti or somewhere in between?
Either way I love it

Is that for the victims of the bombing? I assume so as there's 22.

Erm...why?

That's basically what I'd like to do. Just get arseholed and go around and point at various exhibits and go "Well that's a load of bollocks."

Hopefully in front of some twat in a beret.

Is that for the victims of the bombing? I assume so as there's 22.

Erm...why?

Why to what part?

Near me at home someone has sprayed the word "penis" along with a poorly drawn cock.
That's graffiti and shite grafitti at that.

Banksy's work is clearly art - more so because it tends to be making a statement.
Sorry about that.

Plenty of graffiti is absolutely superb - especially if there is a meaning behind it.

Not really. Anyone can and has thought of drawing a cock and balls. No one had thought of the bed idea. Thats the mistake many make, simply look at something and think "i couldve done that" but they wouldnt, as they wouldnt have had the thought/inspiration to do it.
If by plenty you mean.001% I would agree.

I agree with the bed comment. However, most modern art is banal. Banksy is less thought provoking than you think he is.

I saw either the bed or her tent (Everyone I Have Ever Slept With) at the Saatchi a good few years ago (or possibly both). More interesting in the flesh and in a gallery setting than just as an unmade bed or a tent with people's names in. Also saw a couple of Damian Hirst's dissection things.

Conceptually, I think I prefer Banksy.

I loved the bed. Hurst leaves me cold. banksy is A level art and philosophy at best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back