Banksy

Status
Not open for further replies.

viccarlton

Striker
Just seen a piece about the work of Banksy in Bristol, two people eulogising about how good it is and they even visited a museum to view a piece leftover from a Banksy exhibition.
It's just graffiti really isn't it, the council should come round and clean it all from the walls that he/she has defaced.

Did you actually look at any of it? Yeah it's graffiti, but with a difference. I actually like walking around Bristol and looking out for his work.

Aye, ok. I like his work, but it'd be a bit boring if we all liked the same things. As for the Council cleaning it off, it would be a stupid move, but it's happened plenty of times

Just seen a piece about the work of Banksy in Bristol, two people eulogising about how good it is and they even visited a museum to view a piece leftover from a Banksy exhibition.
It's just graffiti really isn't it, the council should come round and clean it all from the walls that he/she has defaced.

Near me at home someone has sprayed the word "penis" along with a poorly drawn cock.
That's graffiti and shite grafitti at that.

Banksy's work is clearly art - more so because it tends to be making a statement.

Better than Bonetti but not as good as Monty.

Near me at home someone has sprayed the word "penis" along with a poorly drawn cock.

Banksy's work is clearly art - more so because it tends to be making a statement.

I really love terrible graffiti.

Would love to see a picture of this.

He can paint as many pictures of coppers necking on as he likes, nothing he does will ever have the same effect as a big spunking cock.

This is true.
Especially with three prickly hairs on each ball

I like Banksy. I went to an exhibition of his work on Monday at the Moco Museum in Amsterdam.

If an unmade bed can be construed as art, a massive veiny cock with massive spunk drops coming out of the end sprayed on a skip is also art.

Plenty of graffiti is absolutely superb - especially if there is a meaning behind it.

If an unmade bed can be construed as art, a massive veiny cock with massive spunk drops coming out of the end sprayed on a skip is also art.

Not really. Anyone can and has thought of drawing a cock and balls. No one had thought of the bed idea. Thats the mistake many make, simply look at something and think "i couldve done that" but they wouldnt, as they wouldnt have had the thought/inspiration to do it.

I really love terrible graffiti.

Would love to see a picture of this.

This is true.
Especially with three prickly hairs on each ball
I will do my best to provide it.

In the meantime here's a piece of graffiti I saw in Manchester not so long ago.

Logon or register to see this image

Raise your standards.

I like Banksy. I went to an exhibition of his work on Monday at the Moco Museum in Amsterdam.
I think he's as interesting as any other modern artist even if some of the stuff can be a bit 'obvious'. If nothing else, something like this at least raises a smile:

Basquiat also started out as a graffiti artist but died relatively young. This sold for $110m not so long ago:

Something to stick on the fridge there.

Plenty of graffiti is absolutely superb - especially if there is a meaning behind it.

Not really. Anyone can and has thought of drawing a cock and balls. No one had thought of the bed idea. Thats the mistake many make, simply look at something and think "i couldve done that" but they wouldnt, as they wouldnt have had the thought/inspiration to do it.

Because it's shit.

I will do my best to provide it.

In the meantime here's a piece of graffiti I saw in Manchester not so long ago.

That's the juvenile stuff i love.

Notice above the shutters "FYM" hope that stands for F Your Mam

Because it's shit.

Yes it is, but what's innovative is that she done it, and now still 20 years on people still talk about it and are outraged by it.
It's provocative and it was something from totally left field.
The fact she exhibited an unmade bed is art.

That's the juvenile stuff i love.

Notice above the shutters "FYM" hope that stands for F Your Mam

Yes it is, but what's innovative is that she done it, and now still 20 years on people still talk about it and are outraged by it.
It's provocative and it was something from totally left field.
The fact she exhibited an unmade bed is art.

No, it's shit.

All it does is give the pretentious chattering classes something to ponder over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back