Banking at the post office.

Can't say I've noticed. Plenty people posting stuff though. I used ryhope village today. In and out. Better than parking in the town or Chester road for the Barclays. I hear they shutting the Barclays over southwick. No need for it anymore.

Yes they are, missus works for them, once Lloyd’s went in southwick it was a downward spiral, tbf most banks are moving away from counter service

That's because we're ahead of them with online banking and doing anything with cheques is going backwards really.
Oh totally, the US system of waiting several weeks for funds between smaller banks is barking mad. They put chip and pin cards out then stopped cause the poor dears couldn't differentiate between chip and sign, chip and pin and just signing

Oh totally, the US system of waiting several weeks for funds between smaller banks is barking mad. They put chip and pin cards out then stopped cause the poor dears couldn't differentiate between chip and sign, chip and pin and just signing
Saying that, the US had the concept of not signing for owt under £30 years before we did (ie contactless). They just didn’t have the contactless bit, you had to put your card in the slot but just didn’t have to sign for it.

I use cheques occasionally and get some payments to me by cheque. I keep a postal account solely for cashing cheques then transfer the money out.

I was taking the piss with the coins thing like.

Mercer's pension people want a cheque for £150 off me for an overpayment on me da's pension after he passed away. I don't have a cheque book and haven't written one out for at least 15 years. When I asked them for their bank details so I could do a transfer they refused and insisted on a cheque. So we're stuck in limbo.
Send them a cheque, unlimboed

Bank transfers can't get lost in the post and give you a bit of breathing space though if you're having cashflow problems. ;)
Use bacs then..

Yes they are, missus works for them, once Lloyd’s went in southwick it was a downward spiral, tbf most banks are moving away from counter service
So you spend more money on the phone bill?

Last edited:
Just found today out you can bank at the post office.
Pay cheques and cash into accounts.
I know this may have cropped up on here before I joined as it been about sine 2015 but
Gerrin !!!!!

If you use a banking app you can most probably pay your cheques in with that, I have did a few of late.

Back