Bangladesh BPL (T20 Competition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steak Pie

Striker
So far 15 English players have signed for teams in Bangladesh Premier league 2017, as follows:

Jos Buttler (Comilla Victorians)
Joe Denly (Dhaka Dynamites)
Liam Plunkett (Sylhet Sixers)
Ross Whiteley (Sylhet Sixers)
David Willey (Rangpur Riders)
Adam Lyth (Rangpur Riders)
Ravi Bopara (Rangpur Riders)
Sam Hain (Rangpur Riders)
Luke Wright (Rajshahi Kings)
Samit Patel (Rajshahi Kings)
Liam Dawson (Chittagong Vikings)
Luis Reece (Chittagong Vikings)
Dawid Malan ( Khulna Titans)
Benny Howell (Khulna Titans)
Jofra Archer (Khulna Titans)

Now, this competition runs from November 3rd (The day before England's first warm up game for The Ashes) to December 12th (Well after the 2nd Test has finished). So what are Buttler and Malan playing at?

At the risk of sounding like i care... actually, i really don't have any opinion on this, they can do whatever.

i guess i do have one thought, between the franshite system they're setting up here, the bpl, the cpl, the ipl and any other pl that wants to come along... top players will just travel the world playing t20s all year round and international cricket will be deed.

to be honest, the irony is i am massively club before country in the football and would happily never notice if international football died out.

i love test matches and i love durham and i quite enjoy 50 over matches, love the county championship and have zero interest in t20.

wa doomed

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding like i care... actually, i really don't have any opinion on this, they can do whatever.

i guess i do have one thought, between the franshite system they're setting up here, the bpl, the cpl, the ipl and any other pl that wants to come along... top players will just travel the world playing t20s all year round and international cricket will be deed.

to be honest, the irony is i am massively club before country in the football and would happily never notice if international football died out.

i love test matches and i love durham and i quite enjoy 50 over matches, love the county championship and have zero interest in t20.

wa doomed
The next thing you see is a transfer system and then the top clubs on the County scene will form a breakaway Premiership swooping up all the TV money and leave all the less favourable Counties behind just like what happened in football ....... errr or for that matter in T20 .... ahem.

The next thing you see is a transfer system and then the top clubs on the County scene will form a breakaway Premiership swooping up all the TV money and leave all the less favourable Counties behind just like what happened in football ....... errr or for that matter in T20 .... ahem.

all the tv money :lol::lol:

the ecb earns money so that cricket isn't shown ffs, you couldnt make it up. doing their absolute best to destroy cricket forever the bastards.

less money to be shown on terrestrial and we'd be in a far far better state

So far 15 English players have signed for teams in Bangladesh Premier league 2017, as follows:

Jos Buttler (Comilla Victorians)
Joe Denly (Dhaka Dynamites)
Liam Plunkett (Sylhet Sixers)
Ross Whiteley (Sylhet Sixers)
David Willey (Rangpur Riders)
Adam Lyth (Rangpur Riders)
Ravi Bopara (Rangpur Riders)
Sam Hain (Rangpur Riders)
Luke Wright (Rajshahi Kings)
Samit Patel (Rajshahi Kings)
Liam Dawson (Chittagong Vikings)
Luis Reece (Chittagong Vikings)
Dawid Malan ( Khulna Titans)
Benny Howell (Khulna Titans)
Jofra Archer (Khulna Titans)

Now, this competition runs from November 3rd (The day before England's first warm up game for The Ashes) to December 12th (Well after the 2nd Test has finished). So what are Buttler and Malan playing at?
Buttler won't be in the test squad and it would appear neither will Malan, who I think will be replaced with hales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back