Bands with songs that don't seem like them?

Her rarities ,that and Shadupa ya face are the stand out tracks

Difficult looking back but it was a jump from what had been .The keyboards and a faint whiff of a melody wasn't their thing
Reallly? So what about the likes of Lost in the Supermarket, Train In Vain, Spanish Bombs, Rudie Can't Fail??

No mention of Shiny Happy People yet? Thought that would be the most obvious one.
Just cos they don't like it doesn't make it atypical. It's as REM as REM can be.

Reallly? So what about the likes of Lost in the Supermarket, Train In Vain, Spanish Bombs, Rudie Can't Fail??

Just cos they don't like it doesn't make it atypical. It's as REM as REM can be.
They lost me by then and lost a lot of people .People like me moved on .punks wouldn't
Kazbah was a big comeback song to the masses and quite catchy
The whole combat rock album wasn't typical Clash albeit very good after a few listens

It isn't though, is it - it's basically a B52s song written and performed by REM
All Rem songs sound like them which is why I only need 10% of their output to get by

Last edited:
They lost me by then and lost a lot of people .People like me moved on .punks wouldn't
Kazbah was a big comeback song to the masses and quite catchy
The whole combat rock album wasn't typical Clash albeit very good after a few listens
People with cloth ears?

Just looked for stuff to keep that buzz which started up going
Good try though
Of course music moved on and people moved with it. The Clash also moved a long way from the original 2 minute punk template so I'm not sure why you seem to think the only people who were still listening to them were punks.

Back