Bands that went from ace to shite?

I loved them at the time. So much so even now I can't make an objective judgement on them! :lol:
in a way I think Weller is a bit under-rated. Had a lot of ups and down but never rested on his laurels

First couple of albums were very good, went downhill after that.
The whole Jerusalem thing was cringy as fuck looking back....Weller was up his own arse towards the end of the 80s.

Terence Trent D’Arby

Best debut album in the history of music. Thought he was Prince, disappeared up his own arsehole and nobody gives a toss about him now when he had the world at his feet.

And leaving aside the whole noncey bit, Off The Wall and Thriller was a class period for Jacko, Bad was good (!) but when he binned off Quincey Jones he hit the skids at a rate of knots.

36585.jpg

QOTSA for me. The albums have been progressively worse and nothing’s really stood out from the crowd for quite some time.

Also have to agree with Muse. Peaked with Origin of Symmetry and Absolution then started churning out average soundalike music from that point onwards.

Glasvegas. Their first album was class but by the time their second come out the singer was completely up his own arse. I remember seeing them at The Independent and he had his miike on rope light that he wrapped round himself, I'm sure he mimed part of the set as well
That was a mental gig that mind, they were horrendous and James Allan was off his head on summit. I remember watching him and thinking ‘he’s miming here’ then my mate turned to me and said the same thing followed by a good few more people saying the same. Remember it turning quite nasty at point with people getting slung out.
They are.

Back