Bands that went from ace to shite?

The Manics- from Natwest, Barclays, Middlands, Lloyds to wtf have you done with your hair!!!!???
Never knew a band could turn to such utter shit from a great start point.

Oasis (well ace to average anyway)
Coldplay (really liked their first two albums)
Arctic Monkeys
Kaiser Chiefs (loved their first album).

The Manics- from Natwest, Barclays, Middlands, Lloyds to wtf have you done with your hair!!!!???
Never knew a band could turn to such utter shit from a great start point.
Alas, this. Still responsible for a masterpiece that is The Holy Bible. I would like them now to just stop...

You could make a case for Def Leppard who went downhill once the drummer’s arm came off and the creative guitarists left.
Also AC/DC never as good once Bon died
Also Twisted Sister canny shite by album 4
That said I can still enjoy their notsogood stuff

Oh and Motley! First two albums the best
Very good shout on twisted sister.

I'm not taking the piss here, but showaddywaddys first album when they won opportunity knocks and did a few of their own songs was a breath of fresh air, after that they became a covers band.

Elvis anybody? Mid to late 50s stuff sublime.. 60s in it for the money but still some decent stuff .. 70s MOTR Vegas performer... not good imo.

Mumford and sons went from shit to shiter does that count
they may well be the worst band ever to exist!
Elvis anybody? Mid to late 50s stuff sublime.. 60s in it for the money but still some decent stuff .. 70s MOTR Vegas performer... not good imo.
Nah. I love Elvis 70s period. Moody Blue Way Down Burning Love I Just Can't Help Bleievin ....
Just about everything Elvis did was class imo

Last edited:
they may well be the worst band ever to exist!

Nah. I love Elvis 70s period. Moody Blue Way Down Burning Love I Just Can't Help Bleievin ....
Just about everything Elvis did was class imo

Perhaps Elvis was a poor example.. obviously not shite, but the 70s stuff nowhere near as good as 50s/ early 60s stuff imo.

Arcade Fire - one of the best debuts ever. Now plodding disco
Foxygen - first record was class, since dreadful
Viet Cong - loud, brilliant. Changed name to Precocupations. Now shite
Sun Kil Moon - Benji was ace. Disappeared up his own arse
Public Service Broadcasting - concept got very old very quickly

Gotta be The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Absolutely loved them back in the day, Mother's Milk was a belter of an album. To see them now churning out utter dross and weedy ballads instead of high-octane funk rock is just utterly tragic. :mad:

that was my favourite album too and was a massive fan of them. then i saw them at leeds '99 and there was no banter with the crowd apart from anthony kiedis bragging about how "ive just emptied my balls into a girl before coming onstage", there was hardly any bass in fleas actual sound and the overall volume was so low we could have a conversation without shouting. then they started coming out with stuff that just wasn't like them.

Last edited:

Back