Bands that sound like The Beatles which people might not have heard

What A Waster

Striker
Lost Magpie
Obviously everybody immediately thinks of Oasis, clearly massiely influenced by them.
But here's a couple of tracks by bands who do the Beatles sound really well with some good music of their own.

Bit of 60s garage punk here, The Knickerbockers with their cracking tune Lies

From 2003 a little known American act called The Singles with I'm In Love With You

And The Singles again with He Can Go, You Can't Stay

Another 60s garage classic, The Gants - I Wonder

Obviously everybody immediately thinks of Oasis, clearly massiely influenced by them.
But here's a couple of tracks by bands who do the Beatles sound really well with some good music of their own.

Bit of 60s garage punk here, The Knickerbockers with their cracking tune Lies

From 2003 a little known American act called The Singles with I'm In Love With You

And The Singles again with He Can Go, You Can't Stay

Another 60s garage classic, The Gants - I Wonder
I’ll give ive these a bash this afternoon. Never heard of any of them. Cheers.

Radio stations thought this was the beatles under a different name when it was first sent to them

Nice one, don't think I've heard that before. Haven't listened to a lot of their early stuff, but Melody Fair is a good song from their early days as well that I've heard.

Can't post a link but check out a band called Los Shakers. They were Beatles clones from South America who existed at the same time as the Fab Four. They sang in English and had some great songs. Check out "Break It All" or "Give Me" on YouTube.

Tame Impala - We Only Go Backwards from 2012

Can't post a link but check out a band called Los Shakers. They were Beatles clones from South America who existed at the same time as the Fab Four. They sang in English and had some great songs. Check out "Break It All" or "Give Me" on YouTube.

Thank you. Love that sort of stuff and what i started the thread about

Last edited:
I'm not posting links but almost the entire career of Electric Light Orchestra probably came from 'I am The Walrus'. Tears for Fears also did a good impersonation on Sewing the Seeds of Love.

Check out Jellyfish.

There was a time when if you didn't sound like the Beatles you didn't stand a chance (sort of)

"...the band the Beatles could have been"

I'm not posting links but almost the entire career of Electric Light Orchestra probably came from 'I am The Walrus'. Tears for Fears also did a good impersonation on Sewing the Seeds of Love.

Check out Jellyfish.

There was a time when if you didn't sound like the Beatles you didn't stand a chance (sort of)

"...the band the Beatles could have been"

What's your favourite Beatles album?

The Dukes Of Stratosphere, (XTC) do a nice tip of the hat to the psychedelic bands of the 60's the Beatles included.

It'll be the best of the Beatles.

Well done for the AP ref.
Also good shout on the band. Never heard of them before will be listening to them. The name, the spelling of their name and their songs sound exactly like the 60s psych/garage stuff I love. Cheers

They were never the same when their drummer died

Prefer their later work. Shark Sandwich especially.

Back