Band of Brothers & The Pacific

Watched them when the were first released then had Sky installed last week and have binge watched the BOB Boxset.....My word I had forgotten just how unreal these two series were and given it was about a decade since I last watched them it was like watching them for the first time again........For any young uns out there who have missed them first time round they are a must watch, utterly brilliant TV.

Can also recommend Generation Kill as a modern day equivilant.

I actually looked for John Basilone's gravestone when I visited Arlington Cemetery. I didn't find it due to being poor at map skills and a lack of patience on my behalf. I did stop at the Marine Corps Memorial or Iwo Jima Monument just outside the cemetery instead.

Shows like Band of Brothers and The Pacific educated me and made me want to learn more.

Last edited:
I watch them both every Xmas, missus reckons I'm wierd
Amazing tradition tbf. I always make sure I complete LoTR and Star Wars once a year.

Im amazed I didnt remember it in detail (i normally do)....Maybe Im getting old but so much of it was like watching it again for the first time......I guess its been a busy 10 years :lol:
Every time you watch it you see stuff you haven’t seen before. A testament to how well it was made.

I watched the entire series again on an Emirates flight to Thailand, still unbelievable TV, It chokes you up when you see these old guys getting emotional talking about their experiences through the war.

Both equally great. Looking forward to the one on the mighty 8th.

Pacific made me find out about me great uncle billy Wheatley. Worked down houghton pit but volunteered at outbreak of war. Ended up being taken pow at the fall of Singapore. Came back 8st wet through and malarial to find his Mrs had done the dirty on him and had a bairn. He literally said nowt about it, accepted the bairn and went back down houghton pit!
Shows you what he must’ve been through...

Back