Ballpark figure for 16A socket + fuse box fuse

You don’t get 16amp sockets, unless it’s an industrial outlet like a commando outlet. A general socket is 13Amp.

You shouldn’t need any “fuse” or MCB either, you’d break in to the existing ring or extend a radial to add the socket on to the existing ring.

You don’t get 16amp sockets, unless it’s an industrial outlet like a commando outlet. A general socket is 13Amp.

You shouldn’t need any “fuse” or MCB either, you’d break in to the existing ring or extend a radial to add the socket on to the existing ring.
Plus another £100 for this consultation.

Exactly; I'm not after a general use socket, that's why I asked about a 16A one. I realise the physical design of the socket is different.
I'd rather keep it separate from other appliances (to a certain extent) in any of the existing rings so would want it on it's own trip switch / fuse in the MCB.

Exactly; I'm not after a general use socket, that's why I asked about a 16A one. I realise the physical design of the socket is different.
I'd rather keep it separate from other appliances (to a certain extent) in any of the existing rings so would want it on it's own trip switch / fuse in the MCB.
A 4.0mm or possibly a 2.5mm radial on a 20a breaker with a commando socket should do. Certainly around the 300 quid mark id say.

Then 16A 3 pin commando outlet on a radial, 16A breaker, but type depending on what you are intending to use it for, if it’s something with a larger start up current like a motor or if you are going to plug a transformer in you’d want type C or possibly D. Make sure you have RCD protection on the board or you’ll need it on the new circuit.

Back