Ballon d’Or 2019

Are you?
What I mean is naturally that these are skills for other positions on the field, but that some people things that these skills dont matter when looking at who's the best footballer.
I think it’s more a case of what Messi and Ronaldo have done for years in terms of goals is absolutely ridiculous. It’s almost became normal and as a result they perhaps don’t get the credit they deserve.
Messi managed 36 goals in 34 La Liga games and 12 in 10 in the champions league last season. He also had the most assists in La Liga. The lads a genius.

He does a hell of a lot more, than just score goals.
He defends, he drags defenders out of position, with his off the ball movement, he relieves pressure, by running with the ball, he holds the ball up well, to bring colleagues into play, he sets colleagues up to score, his vision to pick out colleagues is second to none, as is his work rate.
Not in the 2 games i watched him play last season. Without the ball, he hardly moved. With the ball though, he's a genius.
Should have been Van Dijk :lol:

Great CB but nowhere near as quality as the PL fanboys make out.

Has 3 yes 3 defensive midfielders shielding him every match - when he plays for Holland and doesn't have the luxury he's not as near impressive.

Saw a sky poll where some were saying he's a better CB than the likes Terry, Vidic & Ferdinand :lol:
I think it's you that needs testing :lol:

Last edited:
La Liga winner, la liga top scorer, European golden shoe winner, champions league top scorer, copa America 3rd place.
Nee way Mane was worthy of it ahead of Messi.
Mane wasn't even Liverpool's best player.
Last season was the weakest La Liga in recent memory. Disgraced himself in the Copa America Semi Final, bottle job performance at Anfield in the CL. Great player but not the best in the world last year for me.

Last season was the weakest La Liga in recent memory. Disgraced himself in the Copa America Semi Final, bottle job performance at Anfield in the CL. Great player but not the best in the world last year for me.

How did he bottle it at anfield?

He put 3 chances on a plater for coutinho and suarez? Being 3-0 up and losing 4-3 suggests it wasnt messi that bottled it mind

Which he wasnt back defending for anyway. People just talk absolute shite like 🤣
Yip.
The bloke has scored countless crucial goals in huge games and was Barcelona's best player on the night. Made two big chances for team mates, had a couple of chances himself as well.
Messi is anything but a bottler if you look at what he's won and the performances and goals in high pressure games. Absolutely moronic statement.

How did he bottle it at anfield?

He put 3 chances on a plater for coutinho and suarez? Being 3-0 up and losing 4-3 suggests it wasnt messi that bottled it mind
It’s absolutely bizarre that in the eyes of some Messi was in any way shape or form to blame for Barca not going through. He wasn’t at his usual best but he still as you said laid on some very good chances to kill them off in the 2nd leg and if they hadn’t missed a couple of sitters in the first leg which he laid on they’d have went to Anfield 5/6-0 up. I think it shows how good Messi really is that he gets stick for a performance like that one at Anfield. Anyone else and it wouldn’t even warrant a second mention.

It’s absolutely bizarre that in the eyes of some Messi was in any way shape or form to blame for Barca not going through. He wasn’t at his usual best but he still as you said laid on some very good chances to kill them off in the 2nd leg and if they hadn’t missed a couple of sitters in the first leg which he laid on they’d have went to Anfield 5/6-0 up. I think it shows how good Messi really is that he gets stick for a performance like that one at Anfield. Anyone else and it wouldn’t even warrant a second mention.

If he was any good he'd have beat them on his own.

Football is so pretentious it is almost eating itself. Who gives a fuck who is 29th on the Balon D'or list FFS, I couldn't give a furry shite who wins it but I can understand some people might. But 29th?

Just checked the list and I was 10039th for my box-to-box midfield dynamism for Desert Rat (Dee Jays Sunday League, Division 7).

Football is so pretentious it is almost eating itself. Who gives a fuck who is 29th on the Balon D'or list FFS, I couldn't give a furry shite who wins it but I can understand some people might. But 29th?

Just checked the list and I was 10039th for my box-to-box midfield dynamism for Desert Rat (Dee Jays Sunday League, Division 7).

No you weren't. You're telling lies to back up your point.

It was fine without the lies.

Yip.
The bloke has scored countless crucial goals in huge games and was Barcelona's best player on the night. Made two big chances for team mates, had a couple of chances himself as well.
Messi is anything but a bottler if you look at what he's won and the performances and goals in high pressure games. Absolutely moronic statement.
People need to watch barcelona and see how ordinary they are when he doesnt play. They struggle practically everytime he doesnt play

Bottler though

Bottle job at Anfield... Stop chatting shite lad

People need to watch barcelona and see how ordinary they are when he doesnt play. They struggle practically everytime he doesnt play

Bottler though

The funniest was when they were 2 league games and the cup final from an "invincible" domestic double season in 17-18. Think it would have been Spain's first unbeaten season.

They rested him and a few others in the 2nd last league game at Levante because they were playing some Mandela related friendly in SA midweek. They were 1-5 down before throwing on the cavalry and losing 4-5 and that was that. :D

Back