Ball retention

No composure on the ball. Literally a Sunday league game.

Lost count of the amount of times McLaughlin launches it to nobody & how many times did Denver Hume play a blind pass round the corner in the air to nobody.

I understand this is league one but I’ve never seen supposed professional footballers literally unable to pass a f***ing football. Been like this since Ross took over as well

We are hopeless in the last third, the balls put in there are not even 50/50’s most of the time.

If the ball doesn’t go out wide for someone to run with it deep into the opposing half we are very poor the majority of the time.

Then Wyke comes on and you know it’s going to be even worse.

However saying that we did have clear cut opportunities to win a game we didn’t really deserve to.

Ours utterly abysmal and imo is a major reason why we can't kill teams off. We just invite pressure onto ourselves
We cant kill teams off because we dont press teams and get in their faces. It too easy to play against us, we just sit off and retreat.

When we do manage to get the ball forward there is only 2 or 3 players in attacking positions. That's why we create very few chances and why the ball keeps coming back.

Ross is the master of cowardly football

It was the same last season and nothing has changed.

We had a slow midfield last season and lacked any good movement when in possession of the ball. That was the big thing that needed to.improfe this season. Improving this would automatically deliver the desired clean sheets that Jack Ross is so precious about.

But we've instead just changed three quarters of the defence and continued in the same vein of style where we move the ball slowly and struggle to keep it when teams put pressure on.

That and the fact that we can’t win any first or second balls, pretty much don’t even challenge for them.

No-one shows for the ball at all, throw ins in particular are a joke.

No-one taking responsibility at all

100% this. Our movement off the ball is atrocious. Know one seems to know who to pass it to, there’s no pattern to our play it’s all reactive not pro active.

I know some won’t like to admit it but we’re massively missing Cattermole. Someone who’d win the ball, get on the ball and pass it along the floor.

To be fair I agree we need someone to win the ball but Cattermole was as guilty as any at not passing along the floor and trying the spray the ball 50 or 60 yards. I believe that’s why Dobson was in the team to win the ball.

There’s a lot of comments on here about keeping possession but I suspect when a player does they will be berated for just passing the ball swideways and backwards.

Unfortunately with the three of four players we play in attacking positions it is difficult to retain the ball. Once McNulty had come off we lost any movement up top as both McGeady and Gooch rarely offered themselves for the ball and when they did they ultimately lost it. It could be argued that Gooch and McGeady are being asked to defend too much and thus can’t get up and down the pitch to offer much as an attacking threat. Unfortunately with Wyke he struggles to dominate balls in the air and lacks movement to retain possession and when he does there is often no one around him. McGuire came on last night and offered nothing and the least said about grigg the better, albeit he did only get 12 mins or so. They attaching options all lack pace and movement

Back