Bali Mumba

TBF he looked pretty lost early last season so at 17/18 I think he's better off learning his trade and then going out on loan maybe next season or coming into the side when it's in a position of strength.

Being played as a right back suggests hes not as good in midfield as people think he is tbf like
There was a suggestion yesterday that he is being tried as a RB/RWB by Sunderland and England because they don't believe he is big enough to play in central midfield.
If that's true, then it's a terribly old-fashioned and very British view that short or slight players cannot "handle" central midfield

Every time I've seen the kid play he's looked calm and assured on the ball and can handle himself. He ran rings around that ugly Longstaff kid that the mags are all wanking over in the CT match last year

Looked composed against Grimsby in the game the day Ross was sacked. Ross involved a lot of youth players last season, PP only involved Benji.
I really expected Mumba, Patterson & Taylor to feature in the last 3 games. Especially the keeper as we might need him if Burge gets injured again and Jmc stays shite. I'd rather he got his debut vs Scunny than Coventry or Blackpool
There was a suggestion yesterday that he is being tried as a RB/RWB by Sunderland and England because they don't believe he is big enough to play in central midfield.
If that's true, then it's a terribly old-fashioned and very British view that short or slight players cannot "handle" central midfield

Every time I've seen the kid play he's looked calm and assured on the ball and can handle himself. He ran rings around that ugly Longstaff kid that the mags are all wanking over in the CT match last year
"that Ugly Longstaff kid" as opposed to the handsome Longstaff kid?

Last edited:
Looked composed against Grimsby in the game the day Ross was sacked. Ross involved a lot of youth players last season, PP only involved Benji.
I really expected Mumba, Patterson & Taylor to feature in the last 3 games. Especially the keeper as we might need him if Burge gets injured again and Jmc stays shite. I'd rather he got his debut vs Scunny than Coventry or Blackpool

"that Ugly Longstaff kid" as opposed to the handsome Longstaff kid?
#Uglier

Apologies

That tosser Parkinson wont even know who he is .

Seems like something Sunderland would do.

Kante is obviously massive but must just comes across small on tele.

I am not sure where his best position is but based on the Grimsby game I don’t think it is full back.
It doesn’t matter if you are small playing in midfield providing you have speed and/or a footballing brain.
In his early games he seemed pacey which we are short of in midfield so hopefully he might be given a chance there.

Anyone who's watched the U23's, what are your thoughts on Patterson & Taylor?

Last night seemed like the perfect opportunity for 20 year old Taylor to be tried with Baldwin away on loan, Flanagan away on international duty, Ozturk injured & Willis carrying an injury?
Taylor wasn't very good against grimsby mind

He isnt good enough right now, every u23 game I have watched this year he has been poor. The only two with a chance right now will be Diamond and Patterson.

He isnt good enough right now, every u23 game I have watched this year he has been poor. The only two with a chance right now will be Diamond and Patterson.
What do we do with diamond hes clearly a good player but if he doesn't get a chance this season it will get even harder for him to get an opportunity.

This. One thing that struck me was his calmness on the ball and ability to keep possession. I'd hate to think that our staff aren't working with this as opposed to finding weaknesses and pigeon holing him in a new position.

Didn't look a jot out of place when we beat since-promoted Charlton over a year ago. Be surprised if he's got worse since but then this is Sunderland.

Didn't look a jot out of place when we beat since-promoted Charlton over a year ago. Be surprised if he's got worse since but then this is Sunderland.
Then looked completely out of his depth against Luton. Kid has a chance but probably a reason he hasnt been considered since despite us being weak in that position for 18 months.

Back