Bali Mumba

I've go problem keeping him here at present and playing in the u23s, it is still over the age group he should be at. I just hope he still trains more with the first team rather than being exclusively a u23 player.

Can guarantee that if he was put in the team and didn't perform the same idiots who want him in the side would hammer Ross for selecting him too early.

Considering the abuse Honeyman gets on here as well if he wasn't brilliant then we'd soon see the tide turn

No he wasn't

Aye, what I meant was he started the season as a first team player..

Jack Ross explains his plans for talented Sunderland youngster Bali Mumba

Staying with the u23s and not being considered for the 1st team.

Thoughts?
Quote from Ross

At the moment the best place for that is the 23s. He still comes over with me sometimes and it's not ruling him out of that, and then maybe at the end of the year, we look at it and see if he's around us or whether he goes out on loan

It literally says he’ll train with the first team still and will go out on loan IF he isn’t involved with the first team.
Quote from Ross

At the moment the best place for that is the 23s. He still comes over with me sometimes and it's not ruling him out of that, and then maybe at the end of the year, we look at it and see if he's around us or whether he goes out on loan

It says will only train with the 1st team sometimes. There is no mention of him being in the first team squad

Last edited:
Quote from Ross

Quote from Ross

It says will only train with the 1st team sometimes. There is no mention of him being in the first team squad
Which is the quote I put in earlier. You claimed he won’t be considered for the first team. That quote is quite clearly stating if he does well enough for the u23s and in training he’ll be involved with the first team so won’t be sent out on loan. If he isn’t ready for first team football by January he’ll go out on loan. At no point does it say he isn’t being considered for the first team.

Which is the quote I put in earlier. You claimed he won’t be considered for the first team. That quote is quite clearly stating if he does well enough for the u23s and in training he’ll be involved with the first team so won’t be sent out on loan. If he isn’t ready for first team football by January he’ll go out on loan. At no point does it say he isn’t being considered for the first team.
I take your point but I dont read it that way.

That was down to shortage of numbers due to injuries and recruitment not complete iirc.

He didn’t look out of place at all and tbh was one of the better players against Charlton, we keep moaning about athleticism, pace in midfield, he has that, plus can pass and move, fair enough he’s only 17/18 ... but get him around the first team can only aid his development

Let’s just hope he delivers on his potential eventually.

I reckon he’ll be loaned out in January if he’s doing well with the 23’s, and the first team are flying.

Massive potential......One of the very few reasons to get excited with the club, at the mo.
More reasons than that to be optimistic surely. Ross was hamstrung last season with needing so many bodies in as the squad was decimated. We can see already that more thought has been given to incoming players this time round. Plenty of positives for me.

Can we? How?
We are taking our time in getting in lads with the right attitude. Long gone are the days when players only came here for the money. Ross has rightly been criticised for his negative tactics last year but when McGeady praises all aspects of Ross's management and opts to stay with us we can hope that when we have the right blend of players we can attack more and hopefully get the results to get us promoted.

Back