Bali Mumba

If we were in the premier league then yes, loaning out the younger players to a lower league, but we are in league one. Is loaning out a player to the conference going to develop him any more than staying with us?
It is if he would be stuck playing for the U23s by being here. Playing League 2 or Conference football is much more physical than the Academy leagues.

JR said himself that Embleton and Robson’s loans have helped them develop a lot.

I tell you what, if you want to have a decent debate over this then let's continue. But you seem to be struggling so if it's going to come down to emojis and trying to pick holes in what people are saying then let's just end it now. Up to you.

I've given you my point, however I'll say it again, I think it would be good for him to go out on loan. You clearly don't agree, Lets just leave it at that

Jack Ross explains his plans for talented Sunderland youngster Bali Mumba

Staying with the u23s and not being considered for the 1st team.

Thoughts?
“At the moment the best place for that is the 23s. He still comes over with me sometimes and it's not ruling him out of that, and then maybe at the end of the year, we look at it and see if he's around us or whether he goes out on loan.“

Suggests he is very much being considered for the 1st team if he impresses.

Yep give him some time in the U23’s to work on his position and then get him out or more around the 1st team back end of this or next year.

Being 17 he is a bit young to go too far geographically on loan just yet also. We need to look after him and set him some goals to achieve. He will also have a plan to work to.

Can guarantee that if he was put in the team and didn't perform the same idiots who want him in the side would hammer Ross for selecting him too early.

Considering the abuse Honeyman gets on here as well if he wasn't brilliant then we'd soon see the tide turn

well maybe because he was a first team regular at the beginning of the season

No he wasn't

Last edited:
Sensible decision to give him some time with u23s initially. He's not ready for first team yet imo, plus we already have too many bodies in there as it is.

Jack Ross explains his plans for talented Sunderland youngster Bali Mumba
Reading this I think this is the best way forward for the lad. The coaching staff should help him find his best position and move forward from there. If I remember he was played as a defensive midfielder in those couple of games for the first team but has been played further forward in theU23's since. Wherever he ends up I think we have a talent on our hands. Can't wait to see him progress.

Maybe, just maybe the boss doesn't think he's ready for first team action? Or simply just doesn't see him in the first team plans for the season. I can't see where he'd fit in if I'm being honest.. Exciting prospect who I'd like to see on loan at another league one team, or a top end league two side.

“At the moment the best place for that is the 23s. He still comes over with me sometimes and it's not ruling him out of that, and then maybe at the end of the year, we look at it and see if he's around us or whether he goes out on loan.“

Suggests he is very much being considered for the 1st team if he impresses.
Doesn't read that way at all to me

Back