Bali Mumba getting talked up

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date

Eh?! He's pulling up trees in the Championship RIGHT NOW. He was their best player today according to numerous Norwich fans, and he's thriving as a full-back. This isn't someone 'looking good cos of the system' he's a genuinely good player the club shipped out for peanuts. He's one of many. Sam Greenwood being another one.

Sam Greenwood was out of contract I believe. This set up has a million and one things to be blamed for. But that one isn't one of them.

It's the Stewart Donald way. Mr 'Short Term' in all sense of the word / phrase.

Its short term to the most extreme way though. To think the future of this club has been sold for about what it cost us for Max Power.

We've effectively sold 10 or so probable first team players down a short line with the potential to be worth tens of millions of pounds.

Its beyond idiotic and to have a Sunderland fan on the board agreeing with this approach is bizarre.

Its short term to the most extreme way though. To think the future of this club has been sold for about what it cost us for Max Power.

We've effectively sold 10 or so probable first team players down a short line with the potential to be worth tens of millions of pounds.

Its beyond idiotic and to have a Sunderland fan on the board agreeing with this approach is bizarre.

Are you talking about Dave Jones?
Not sure how much 'voting' power he has.
I believe Dave doesn't agree with it, but he is not the owner, nor the chairman, nor the CEO. I'm sure he passionately puts his point across but Mr Short term is just thinking about the bank balance at the end of each month.
He made 350K extra that month.... !!

Every Sunderland fan agree's with you that it's beyond idiotic on many many decisions just like this one.

The only chance we have is new ownership and better people in charge, but it's going to take years to repair the damage Mr Short Term has done to this club.

I don’t think this issue relates only to the academy players. If a club came with cash for any of our senior players, we’d sell - it’s just that clubs aren’t exactly forming a queue for them.

Influential? Interesting.

Yes influential. Watch our games, watch where our attacks come from, watch the main player breaking lines and going past opposition player.

And statistically this season his crossing accuracy is up there percentage wise with those at higher levels who are considered good attacking fullbacks. Though why many posters expect him to pick out a SAFC player with most crosses, when better players don't do that and we've few runners or players in the box half the time I have no f***ing idea.

Hume is currently our most saleable, most influential and close to our best player. Id argue only Wright comes close.

I think the clip from the Norwich fan is pretty conclusive evidence that we sold this lad for way less than he was worth.

Put that alongside selling Josh Maja who now seems to be becoming a regular in a team competing at the top level of French football.

And then consider we have piled money into
buying forwards for this club who yesterday struggled to trouble the goalkeeper of the team almost at the bottom of the Football League with no league wins all season yesterday?

Our recruitment and retention policy must be “open to question”

17 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:
How on earth did Sunderland not see the player in him? And then send him to South Shields?
Depressing the amount of talented player that have been
I think the clip from the Norwich fan is pretty conclusive evidence that we sold this lad for way less than he was worth.

Put that alongside selling Josh Maja who now seems to be becoming a regular in a team competing at the top level of French football.

And then consider we have piled money into
buying forwards for this club who yesterday struggled to trouble the goalkeeper of the team almost at the bottom of the Football League with no league wins all season yesterday?

Our recruitment and retention policy must be “open to question”
Depressing the amount of talented player that have been cashed in on. Truly a generation of talent gone. DONALD OUT

Norwich fan in peace here.

Not coming to rub it in or gloat, just talk about the lad Bali and what I've seen so far. When he was subbed on yesterday, he changed the game for us, he didn't look out of place at this level, and he certainly showed potential. But I for one am not getting carried away, if the lad has the potential, Daniel Farke will get the most out of him. Plenty of Norwich are calling for him to start the next game, he may do, but it is far from certain.
As for what we paid for him, if he can maintain the level he showed yesterday, I would say yes he was a bargain, however, he has a way to go to yet. He got his chance due to injuries rather than "forcing" his way into the team.

Back