Bait today

Ah, it seemed to be used when speaking of lunch which is why I thought that's what it was. Thanks for clearing that up.

Of course, knowing you motherfuckers, someone is going to come on here and dispute that bait is food - they will say that it is either a specific type of food, or the time period the food is consumed, or that it is only food consumed after drinking. The whole thread will erupt into a shit storm about tea with milk, Muslims, religion, Brexit, and Trump. People will be accused of being some other poster on here from the past and bans will be handed out like presents at a Christmas party.

Bait is food, but it is also used to refer to the midday meal, almost exclusively in a workplace or school setting.

Bait is food, but it is also used to refer to the midday meal, almost exclusively in a workplace or school setting.
This is a more accurate description.
Glad we can discuss this with civility and a friendly disposition. Such a rarity on this board, we might be ambassadors!

Thank you for both for explaining it to me - much appreciate it.

On Tuesday I had a maccy breakfast & bacon sarnie, 3 hours later a double steak house meal & for tea a 16oz rib eye & a knickerbocker glory. Business trip, obviously.

Still manage to hover around the 10 stone mark, ha.

He likes his coffee how he likes hi...
:lol:

For me it's more "you are what you drink": I like my coffee black and extra strong
;)

Although, I have a group of close friends who are always quick to use the "he'll take his coffee strong and black. like his men" comment whenever they get the chance.:lol:

Back