Bairstow and Crawley to open according to Bumble

Bumble is talking about the Ashes in Australia and I have to admit I don't really fancy Sibley and Burns to do well over there. Everything happens a bit more quickly and the split second lack of time brings their technical flaws into play more. That said while i'm not highly optimistic of their success over there that could be said for any other names available not least Johnny Bairstow opening the batting which is a daft suggestion IMO. If it was the Ashes this winter I would be sticking with them, their form doesn't deserve for them to be dropped.

I think Burns and Sibley have done well, Sibley is averaging close to 40. Finally seemed to have found an opening partnership capable of seeing off the new ball and now people want to change it. Not even sure what other openers are out there to replace them. Lammonby had a good year but way too early for him

Still early days but Crawley is reverting back to the mean per that article

Doesn't mean anything really without further context. Batsmen go through lean patches.

Vaughan and Trescothick averaged low 30s in FC when they were first picked. Averaged 40+ as Test batsmen, Vaughan could have been higher still but fell away as captain.

Doesn't mean anything really without further context. Batsmen go through lean patches.

Vaughan and Trescothick averaged low 30s in FC when they were first picked. Averaged 40+ as Test batsmen, Vaughan could have been higher still but fell away as captain.

I’m backing Crawley

but I’m sick of people quoting them 2 with that stat, it’s ridiculous how much it gets used. They’re the exception not the rule.

Back