Bailey Wright

He has been an abomination since he returned at Wigan last season and was never particularly good before that either.

He's way too slow and poor on the ball to play the way we do now, but because he looked alright in two games playing in a 10 at the back under Parkinson people will defend him.

It was obvious the second that Flanagan picked up his 5th yellow that we were going to be in trouble with Wright playing this week.

Plenty of "leadership" though, aye, he showed that in abundance today being at fault for both goals didn't he whilst kids run rings around him?

I’ll cancel my eye appointment then shall I?

Luke O’Nien was penalised for a handball from a Fleetwood corner, and Ged Garner stepped up to secure his side a point and ensure Sunderland would fall below Wigan in the League One standings.

from northern echo mind they might all be blind mind
Gary Bennett just confirmed on the radio the penalty was given for Bailey Wright tugging their attacker’s shirt.

Bit of a daft thing for an experienced defender to do in the 96th minute like.

I’ll cancel my eye appointment then shall I?

Luke O’Nien was penalised for a handball from a Fleetwood corner, and Ged Garner stepped up to secure his side a point and ensure Sunderland would fall below Wigan in the League One standings.

from northern echo mind they might all be blind mind
Johnson saying it was given against Wright. His defending for the first goal was awful, school boy error, charging out of positon

He's last year man, we've move on from then, which he should have done. Earlier today people were validating his right to play to replace Flanagan - when has he ever been seen as the future. Still, what do I know. Before the match I suggested we should play Alves today and Tuesday. Again, what do I know.

I think injuries have taken their toll on him and he’s finished.

Even with Flanagan available I think central defence is our main issue at present. We don’t look like keeping clean sheets, are a little bit flakey and sometimes there’s a little bit of complacency at times when in possession at the back. Just needs a bit more resilience and concentration.

I think injuries have taken their toll on him and he’s finished.

Even with Flanagan available I think central defence is our main issue at present. We don’t look like keeping clean sheets, are a little bit flakey and sometimes there’s a little bit of complacency at times when in possession at the back. Just needs a bit more resilience and concentration.
I like Flanagan. The problem is after him & Doyle, our options are unconvincing.

Was awful 2nd half of last season but think he's done well as the late sub role that Johnson has used him as this season. Watched him closely when doing that and he helps the defence keep their concentration and is always talking to them to push out and not sit deep.

That being said his days of 90 minute football are clearly over. Haven't seen his performance today but reading reports and knowing what he was like last season, its obviously he's not cut out for it.

I like Flanagan. The problem is after him & Doyle, our options are unconvincing.

I think Flanagan is our best out and out defender. He’s the best positionally, reading the flight of the ball and being aware to situations. Doyle has a lot of natural ability with the ball at his feet and he’s got the physique to compete but he’s a hell of a lot of improving to do defensively

Back