Bailey Wright & Antoine Semenyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bristol Post have offered an update on Bailey Wright. They say he’s expected to travel to SAFC after the weekend to complete a PERMANENT transfer, for a nominal fee (his Bristol City contract is up in the summer).

Canny. I can see Flanagan leaving, although now we play with 3 centre halves, we'll need two backup, so we do really need 5.

I dont see the obsession with people saying we havent/arent spending money... I understand what people are getting at with SD's comments but if you can improve the quality of the squad without spending large transfer fees then surely thats a bonus... We are still probablies paying very good wages for league one standards
Of course this makes sense BUT generally goals cost money and we could do with a regular goal scorer

If people are brought in they should be better than the current first team. That's how teams improve.
Seems like an eternity since we had a settled team , point I was making is that the side by playing together will improve which they have , though it is early days I would be inclined to leave well alone . Make changes by all means if you are absolutely sure you will improve but do not make changes to justify signing someone , let them fight to get in to the team .

Canny. I can see Flanagan leaving, although now we play with 3 centre halves, we'll need two backup, so we do really need 5.

I think it'll be Willis (Bailey Wright back up) Ozturk and Lynch (Flanagan back up)

With either of the backs up available to slot in if Ozturk gets injured.
Canny options at centre back now

I think it'll be Willis (Bailey Wright back up) Ozturk and Lynch (Flanagan back up)

With either of the backs up available to slot in if Ozturk gets injured.
Canny options at centre back now

I think Bailey Wright will be a starter mate. He's only 27, an international and Bristol City's club captain. I don't think he'll be signing to sit on the bench. I suppose it creates more competition, the best of the three will play.

I think Bailey Wright will be a starter mate. He's only 27, an international and Bristol City's club captain. I don't think he'll be signing to sit on the bench. I suppose it creates more competition, the best of the three will play.
This

Think you’re mate. Would be beneficial to have some serious competition for once

Personally very happy with this signing. I find Joel Lynch to be decent at this level and I imagine Wright is gonna be a lot better, so the competition for those three spots now looks very strong indeed.

Lynch was outstanding when he came on at half time last week.

Flanagan has been great recently and I'm delighted for him as he has had a bit abuse to deal with but he sometimes fades in the second half so last week was perfect with Lynch coming on.

Would be disappointed if that was the case. Ozturk is perfect for this division. Physically can cope with all of the big lumps we come up against.
He’s solid and not too bad with the ball and I like him but is very slow and as a result never too far from a sending off after being spun.

Personally very happy with this signing. I find Joel Lynch to be decent at this level and I imagine Wright is gonna be a lot better, so the competition for those three spots now looks very strong indeed.
Pretty certain lynch was only signed till end of season
Would be disappointed if that was the case. Ozturk is perfect for this division. Physically can cope with all of the big lumps we come up against.
Aye he is out of contract end of season ,so as you say ideal for brick shithouses but wont be coming with us on path to world domination

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back