Bailey Wright & Antoine Semenyo

He''s Finnish. Scored 11 in 17 league games for a struggling side. TBH, given the potential our club has if it's well run, we should be embarrassed that Brentford can afford to loan out a striker that's amongst the top scorers in our division.
Called forrs he’s really tall aswel
Ozturk is basically security in the box so the other two can get forward and support our attacks. Think of it as his instructions are chin anyone who comes in the box. Flanagan and Willis are supporting the wing backs and even putting balls in the box themselves. I have no idea about Wright, but you can't compare Ozturk to the other two.
Ozturk plays as the spare man or sweeper if you like as he’s not mobile or good enough on the ball to get pulled into the wide areas Bailey Wright has played a lot of games fullback aswel so he will be Be able to cover all of the 3 centre back positions

Last edited:
Flanagan deserves to keep his place, imo.
Depends on the type of player Wright is, I reckon he’ll be a better defender than Flanagan and Ozturk for this level.

If Wright is more of a no nonsense CB then he comes in for Ozturk, if he’s more of a ball playing CB then he comes in for Flanagan.

@Bristol City, what type of defender is he? Sorry if you’ve said already.

Depends on the type of player Wright is, I reckon he’ll be a better defender than Flanagan and Ozturk for this level.

If Wright is more of a no nonsense CB then he comes in for Ozturk, if he’s more of a ball playing CB then he comes in for Flanagan.

@Bristol City, what type of defender is he? Sorry if you’ve said already.
Obviously not the same quality but similar to John Terry, puts his body on the line, is a leader, not the best on the ball but not awful, likes a strong challenge, quite good in the air for a relatively short CB.

I'd assume he would play on the right of a back 3.

How so? Signing the club captain who’s a decent age from the league above hardly constitutes barrel scraping, especially in the context of some of our other signings in the last ten years.

I’m not sure he’s necessarily what we need (could do with a left sided equivalent I reckon) but he does seem to have good pedigree. Plus as someone who’s played full back and centre back he should be capable of continuing the overlapping full back role should Willis be out/unavailable. Again, hardly barrel scraping.

Sounds good from that! ‘The popular Aussie..’ etc.
Wonder what’s happening with Semenyo! Whether it’s Bristol or him delaying the move.
Think we might have marginally more need for right than left marra. Think it’s Lynch and Flanagan for the left with Willis and (at present) Flanagan for the right. Think there’s enough versatility to give us flexibility where we could reason away either tbf.

Back